Singapore Flower Beds

Jan 20, 2011
Singapore
Hi CSers!

I would like to take a scenic picture with a bed of flowers in Singapore. I have been to Botanical Garden, Hort Park and I have yet to get the shot I wanted.

here is an example of what I am looking at (taken off from google)

This is definitely oversea's material, but is it possible to get a similar scene with what we have here in Singapore?

I am still waiting for Gardens by the Bay to open to the public, and the Sentosa Flowers. Meanwhile, are there recommended locations where I may find some of these shots?

Jan 20, 2011
Singapore
Perhaps at the flower festival at sentosa, which is held near Chinese new year. You probably need to get close to the flower bed though...;)
yup i am aiming for the flower festival, but its next year..:cry: I was hoping if there are any places that I can currently go.

CamInit

Nov 3, 2009
Chances are, at flower festival you are going to get more people than flowers. Seriously though, I am also looking for large continuous expanse of flowers in Singapore, which so far seems highly unlikely.

Otherwise had to resort to using UWA and do close-ups to create illusions of more flowers than there really are, which is still different from the real thing.

Jan 20, 2011
Singapore
I see.. I really want to capture a field of flowers.. I heard going to nurseries may have a similar scenery, any comments on that?

SkyStrike

Staff member
Nov 29, 2010
Somewhere
I see.. I really want to capture a field of flowers.. I heard going to nurseries may have a similar scenery, any comments on that?
Sadly, I really don't see places with much space allowing the growth of flowers in this quantity. I mean, space is quite expensive in SG and I really doubt you can find such place in Singapore.

klim828

Mar 27, 2012
Yeh, hard to find scenery like that in SG...I took one recently in US...just happened to pass by a field of yellow...stopped the car and shot away! :D

Must it be flowers? How about tombstones? I'm serious...Kranji cemetery has a field of headstones for you to take...similar to a field of flowers...just a bit more morbid!

kei1309

Apr 12, 2010
Earth
www.facebook.com
closest bet is the Gardens by the Bay. one of the domes has a bed of roses IIRC. not very huge, not a field... but nonetheless quite nice

Top Bottom