Singapore Flag

kageneration

Jul 10, 2010
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
I am looking for advice on lighting, composition and anything else that one believes that gotta be improved on.
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
A fine picture that to capture parts of my everyday life.
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
A walk home with the sun setting behing me.
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I like the colors in the photo.

Well, I love singapore too. Just that its just too hot. Everything is prefect to me. For the color, i admit, its red enough, its also just right for the white. But, for the background of the picture, colors just seems to be missing out.

Nice flash or is it the sun?

The spot on the flag attract me at my first glance in this picture. Try to avoid that.

Composition wise, i can't really say anything. i suck at composition too.

Cheers :D

That 'flash' attracts attention really :)

In my opinion, the attention should be on the crescent and the 5 stars... That 'flash' steals the spotlight... (or creating impression of a 6th stars XD)

the spot is due to reflection from a metal chute. The sun was behind me thats why the color was kinda good for the flag.
@doggy i like singapore too.but the country is way too stressful alr.

when I see this photo.... it is just a photo of a flag... nothing more nothing less... just a flag. If you just want to capture a photo of a flag... I will stop here.

If it is about its composition..... I can't see any....
A better way will be to include something else in the photo that will either contrast or complement the flag. Having space around the flag to show where it is will also help.

what's tat bright spot on the flag? Quite distracting...

I am not a fan of this picture unfortunately.
I felt that the flag was a little underexposed. The background is not too good as well. It would have been much better if you didn't include road and people, etc. at all, albeit you did try to blur the background.
However, including the sky was an awesome idea.

the spot is due to reflection from a metal chute. The sun was behind me thats why the color was kinda good for the flag.
@doggy i like singapore too.but the country is way too stressful alr.

what's tat bright spot on the flag? Quite distracting...

I hope it answer your question my dear milo. :D

@kageneration In that case, try to avoid it, as mentioned. :D

Cheers :D

Thanks guys for the comment.i liked the way the flag was waving in the air and combination of the sky behind.yea.i have plenty more to learn.thank you to all!