Singapore flag painted wrongly on new A380?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Did anybody notice that the Singapore flag was painted wrongly on the new Airbus A380 that was just aired on CNA? The segment with Asha Popatlal clearly showed the left side of the airplane, and the Singapore flag with the crescent and stars were on the RIGHT side of the flag.

In a subsequent shot showing the right side of the plane, the flag was painted correctly.

Somebody go tell SIA ....

dude... its for other pilots to identify which side of the aircraft they are looking at....

Eh... it has always painted like that to differentiate from the port and starboard.

And it's supposed to look exactly like how a real flag would look like if it were flying. It's been that way for many many many years. :)

Did anybody notice that the Singapore flag was painted wrongly on the new Airbus A380 that was just aired on CNA? The segment with Asha Popatlal clearly showed the left side of the airplane, and the Singapore flag with the crescent and stars were on the RIGHT side of the flag.

In a subsequent shot showing the right side of the plane, the flag was painted correctly.

Somebody go tell SIA ....

it is the standard practice, they see things from the aviation perspective.

Oopsss.... :kok: :bsmilie:

Slightly off-topic: We may be the "First to Fly" the A380, but Emirates has the world's largest fleet of A380s. Big hype about the launch, but as far as competition goes, does the prestige of being the first really give SQ that much of a competitive edge?

Its so ironic. SQ said this plane will make their prices more competitive but tickets are 10-20% more than regular ones.......... anyway, I'm long done with SQ.

1578978260_c0213b73d1.jpg

There is nothing wrong with the flag.

Ahahaha ... oops ... learn something new everyday. Anyway, doesn't make sense to a layman (like me ;p) when you look at a plane, its very distinct which side its pointing to and thus which side is port/starboard.

Slightly off-topic: We may be the "First to Fly" the A380, but Emirates has the world's largest fleet of A380s. Big hype about the launch, but as far as competition goes, does the prestige of being the first really give SQ that much of a competitive edge?

So SIA gets to set the standard. 1st to use it, 1st to be the trailblazer. SIA will be imprinted in people's mind with they think of A380 in the coming months. Others have to play catch up by the time they get their airbus.

Depending on when the others start receiving their airbus, SIA may have months of headstart.

Is it just my ears or did anyone hear it also....From the tv news..the SIA person said "I can assure, the A330 is well worth the wait"..

hmmz... :think:.. maybe i should get my ears checked..

Where's a good place to take photos of the A380 here in Singapore for the maiden flight ?

The historic first commercial flight - SQ380 - will take off from Changi at 8am on October 25 and is due to arrive at Sydney's Kingsford Smith International Airport at 5.25pm before returning to Singapore the next day.

So SIA gets to set the standard. 1st to use it, 1st to be the trailblazer. SIA will be imprinted in people's mind with they think of A380 in the coming months. Others have to play catch up by the time they get their airbus.

Depending on when the others start receiving their airbus, SIA may have months of headstart.
it will become another piece of useless knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.