Singapore Fireworks Festival (SFF) 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

flossbun

Jan 3, 2006
hey peeps, anybody hitting the esplanade to shoot the fireworks?? i guess the best spot would still be esplanade/esplanade bridge??

5 August 2006, Saturday
2100 hours
Team Italy

8 August 2006, Tuesday
2100 hours
Team Singapore

11 August 2006, Friday
2100 hours
Team New Caledonia

12 August 2006, Saturday
2100 hours
Team France

firing point is same as New Year Eve countdown..
firing point map available @ http://www.unusual.com.sg/sfw2006.html

found this on the official website

firing_point.jpg

as usual, the firing point would be the future IR site and the esplanade area would sure be extremely crowded. u can try hdb flats around the city area like those in bras basah. download google earth and use it to help u spot nice highrise locations to shoot the fireworks ;)

hmmm, will the hdb be too far from the fireworks? cos i'm afraid if too far i need zoom alot den alot of noise..

Check out the statistics at Unusual Group website..the area span is 500m..need some really wide lens for full coverage..or else must find some place suitably far enuff..:think:

blazer_workz said:
Check out the statistics at Unusual Group website..the area span is 500m..need some really wide lens for full coverage..or else must find some place suitably far enuff..:think:

hmm.. bigger than last time one rite?? tink last time is only 300m..

is the rooftop of esplanade open?

wad a bad spot for fireworks..... no nice view at the back....

booooooo...

aloyteo said:
as usual, the firing point would be the future IR site and the esplanade area would sure be extremely crowded. u can try hdb flats around the city area like those in bras basah. download google earth and use it to help u spot nice highrise locations to shoot the fireworks ;)

Just want to confirm that the firing point is the same as last year... when you say "as usual". Thanx.

Anyone want a nice firing spot for a small sum please PM me.

how wide is really wide are we talking about?
assuming most of us are using cameras with a FoV factor of 1.5x (nikon) or 1.6x (canon).
is 17mm (before multiplying the FoV factor) wide enough? or do we need a lens around 10-22mm?

nyxx88 said:
Just want to confirm that the firing point is the same as last year... when you say "as usual". Thanx.

last year was different. because the padang area was shut down for NDP, so they could fire off from the sea barge.

this year, the roads will be open, and the fire off will highly be on the grounds below the ECP flyover.

and yah.. i am still confused where to go..... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

There are 4 rounds of fireworks display tis year..so can get to try out different location for shooting..at least if the first location is not good enuff..we still have 3 chance..:)

just hope the wind direction is right..else will have a lot of smoke..9000 rounds fired!! that's alot!!...:bigeyes:

Site to consider:
1.) Sheares Bridge(ECP)
2.) IR Site..(under construction, may not be able to enter)
3.) Marina Bay..lower esplanade, opposite marina square, somewhere under sheares bridge
4.) Book a hotel room
5.) Brash basah HDB corridor

Anymore sites to add in?

i think marina city park would be nice. especially with the city skyline as the backdrop. the only worry is that the lens may not be wide enough...

Site to consider:
1.) Sheares Bridge(ECP)
3.) Marina City Park..lower esplanade, opposite marina square, somewhere under sheares bridge
4.) Book a hotel room

Anymore sites to add in?

blazer_workz said:
Site to consider:
1.) Sheares Bridge(ECP)
3.) Marina City Park..lower esplanade, opposite marina square, somewhere under sheares bridge
4.) Book a hotel room

Anymore sites to add in?
Bro you have PM.

Last year I went to the Marina Promenade there... somewhere near the Sheares Bridge to take pixs.. quite good view but you must be there early.

blazer_workz said:
Site to consider:
1.) Sheares Bridge(ECP)
4.) Book a hotel room

Anymore sites to add in?

Maybe can try sneaking into the Sail construction site at marina boulevard? :think:

Damien said:
Maybe can try sneaking into the Sail construction site at marina boulevard? :think:
good idea,we can give the bangaldesh each $2 and have a gd spot.

Well, I'm in the process of finalising the details for my "Klose's SFF Outings" :) Stay tuned

Status
Not open for further replies.