Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafett81

Aug 9, 2005
I was squashed by people underneath Sheares Bridge...

SOOOO many people.... I think Singaporeans really love fireworks!

underneath sheare's bridge? you shld have walk further up.. lots of empty spaces for u to setup.:)

i Did, I was at the point nearest to the fireworks... the end there.

On the bridge also the same. Some people even stand on the road. Funny the police didn't come and chase them away. Quite dangerous.

haha.... there was traffic jam where the danger:bsmilie:

today's fireworks quite 'shitty'.. literally. bits and pieces in the here and there. quite disappointed.

agree. rather slow fireworks throughout. was hoping for the climax but it ended without much bang.

anyway, still had a good time as a gathering with friends. :)

i thought today's display was really wonderful, the whole theme about the evolution of human civilisation. i noticed some very 'gentlemenly' behaviour from other photogs who took the front spots along Marina Bay, lowering their camera and avoided blocking spectators behind. i was rather late so had to take the back spot, unfortunately a super inconsiderate spectator had to stand up (and he's very tall) to block everyone behind him, including some kids and behind the kids, me ;( if only i got a sling shot :sticktong

Ahhh... The fireworks ended at 0820H, I left dat place with my friend at around 2200H.

Can't say really spectacular to be honest. :( Was disappointed with the finale (I expected BIGGER) as well as my photos.

Ah well, there's always another year. Practice makes perfect. :)

i feel the only problem for today's fireworks is that there wasnt wind to blow away the smoke. else, it is better than singapore team and the ndp fireworks.
there was a part where the shots were fired horizontally, 1st time see that:thumbsup:

denniskee said:
i feel the only problem for today's fireworks is that there wasnt wind to blow away the smoke. else, it is better than singapore team and the ndp fireworks.
there was a part where the shots were fired horizontally, 1st time see that:thumbsup:

actually there wasn't much smoke from my POV ... i really enjoyed today's show if not for some frustrating moments with the photographing, really well choreographed. i always think that a well designed fireworks show that don't look good on photographs cannot be deemed as having 'failed' ... the spectators' reactions say it all

Was quite disappointed in tonight's show :(. It was indeed VERY smoky. I thought the Singapore one was better than the French. Too bad I missed the Portugal one :(.

nyxx88 said:
Was quite disappointed in tonight's show :(. It was indeed VERY smoky. I thought the Singapore one was better than the French. Too bad I missed the Portugal one :(.

yeah,thats bad,portugal was the best i seen so far.

They break into 3 segment and in between each,almost smokeless.Wonder if it got to do with the fireworks used?

eikin said:
actually there wasn't much smoke from my POV ... i really enjoyed today's show if not for some frustrating moments with the photographing, really well choreographed. i always think that a well designed fireworks show that don't look good on photographs cannot be deemed as having 'failed' ... the spectators' reactions say it all

hi eikin, where is you POV? its very smoky viewing from marina south where the jetty for water taxi is.
the situation reminds me of singapore team in last year sff, viewing from clifford pier.

One picture is worth more than 1000 words.
franceteamfireworks4redsea7nq.jpg

denniskee said:
hi eikin, where is you POV? its very smoky viewing from marina south where the jetty for water taxi is.
the situation reminds me of singapore team in last year sff, viewing from clifford pier.

at the other end of marina bay, close to the main concert area, fewer photogs there, the wind came from south/southwest, so the smoke went directly at where most of the spectators are.

Status
Not open for further replies.