Singapore Fireworks Festival Finale shoot outing

Status
Not open for further replies.
chunger said:
So for those guys who been there b4.... Do you think 4 PM can still chop good place for the last 2 fireworks display ?

Oh you guys want to be kia su a bit to go a bit earlier ? Coz earlier one hour can make a lot of differents... and the time waiting for fireworks will pass quite fast as we are chatting and doing other stuff there rite? I will bring my card and show you guys some simple magic trick ^_^
:D
if u talking abt the shereas bridge.. b4 5pm also no problem

starry said:
hmm while on the bridge the 2nd take hor i was actually surrounded by lots of SLR and ppl.. only one also brought along a80 with a SLR further down from me

then got 2 gp of ppl come later with their a80 one on my left and other is on my right.. but they got lenses.. me dont.. i got weird feeling and feel shy cos i alone hmm is it something else.. hmm :think: :bsmilie: i am a strange gal loh lolz

hmmm btw i thinking of the patch of grass facing durian not the bridge.. unless u all going there hee :)

Dun be paiseh, coz me also just A80 without any lens mah. I think just as a biginner .... dun have to shy about your camera lor. Coz A80 still capable of doing some nice photography.

Remember... size doesn't really matter here ( for other stuff maybe :p)

chunger said:
Dun be paiseh, coz me also just A80 without any lens mah. I think just as a biginner .... dun have to shy about your camera lor. Coz A80 still capable of doing some nice photography.

Remember... size doesn't really matter here ( for other stuff maybe :p)

ya my first day also like that most slr only me A80 then later a A75 beside me hehe
think first thing to learn about using A80 is dun be shy :)

I think its quite difficult to gauge the time when the crowd will start forming on the bridges. For a group of around ten, we would need quite some space also. My opinion is if we want to secure what we think is the best position, then we must try to "chope" our desired place, so that we wont regret settling for some place less ideal (unless you know for sure you can get that spot. For esplanade bridge, no doubt, it is going to be crowded).

This is the last SFF for this year, so why take chances, especially for such a big group.

So its agreed the esplanade bridge? 4pm at city hall mrt station control?

Put down what time u can meet.

1) es0teric
2) dethangel
3) chunger
4) Seraphim
5) noVice
6) GENO -plus 2 friends
7) kohweekuan
8) latmo
9) Yildun (4pm)
10)

Anymore joining?

willyfoo said:
Hi guys.. I'm just learning like all of you.. we just share with each other the little we know. I haven't decided myself yet where to go... esplanade bridge may be a bit too packed.
agreed.. the esplande bridge will be veri till till can't walk.. i experienced it last sunday.
plus lot's of kids behind u, so u need to beware of yr tripod position has been shifted.
when they accidently "kick" the tripod.

4pm at city hall mrt is not a problem for me
1) es0teric
2) dethangel
3) chunger
4) Seraphim (4pm)
5) noVice
6) GENO -plus 2 friends
7) kohweekuan
8) latmo
9) Yildun (4pm)
10)

It will be better if Willy Foo is coming along to guide us, but I guess he going to have his own work. Let's meet below the escalator towards the esplanade. Just walk the city link all the way, and turn right down the escalator where is towards to esplanade, cause control station have alot of people. Just wait below the escalator. You will find guys carry a tripod, and that's us. Meeting time will be at 4pm sharp. And as have been say, we will park our tripod and go takeaway. We will take the fireworks from. (See the star)...

genmap.gif

1) es0teric
2) dethangel
3) chunger
4) Seraphim
5) noVice
6) GENO -plus 2 friends
7) kohweekuan
8) latmo
9) Yildun
10) eawtan
11)who

Meeting place & time confirmed??

more than ten now anymore?

I still feel the brig the best place , lots of people , must go there early if we gona get good places.

from the 2 times i was there, best lens to be use will be 35mm-50mm.

now to set some timing, lets say we meet 3.45-4pm on sunday at CITY HALL MRT. somewhere near the ATM? (control station to the right).

Once we get there, maybe some of us can go get food(dinner) for the rest while they look after our tripod . CHOP PLACE ha ah ha!

SO, any better ideas or changes?

Pls update how many of us are going to confirm.

eawtan said:
1) es0teric
2) dethangel
3) chunger
4) Seraphim
5) noVice
6) GENO -plus 2 friends
7) kohweekuan
8) latmo
9) Yildun
10) eawtan
11)who

Meeting place & time confirmed??

Well.. here is the ans :

Meeting place : Go down 1 escalator toward Esplanade ( for who that come from MRT , exist the station and turn right toward Bread Talk and Singtel... then follow the path untill you go pass HMV and turn right toward Esplanade.)

Meeting time: 4 PM sharp

Any late comer do call to know our locaton

Chunger : 91470412 ;)

es0teric said:
It will be better if Willy Foo is coming along to guide us, but I guess he going to have his own work.
Ask Genie to grant you the wish, or ask Willy? :D

Amigo said:
Ask Genie to grant you the wish, or ask Willy? :D

Hahaha.... I think you ask him to ask Willy only rite :p.... or ask him to look for a Genie in a bottle ( destiny child) :D

Aiyah, cannot decide leh. :dunno: I'm having F1 show live from Hungary. :think: Wanted to join newbies like you all, me also new new in this. :D

hihi poohbear in the house ! actually me very noob in photography leh ... wonder if can join ? just started photography erm .... 3 weeks ago lol .... :bsmilie:

WELCOME ALL TO JOIN!!!!

so yr on to go? everyone new in learning.

chunger said:
Hahaha.... I think you ask him to ask Willy only rite :p.... or ask him to look for a Genie in a bottle ( destiny child) :D
Chunger, you :devil:
I only kaybo around. Hehe.. I know you've been rubbing the bottle too :D

Amigo said:
Chunger, you :devil:
I only kaybo around. Hehe.. I know you've been rubbing the bottle too :D

:bigeyes: How you know that !!!! But the bottle i rubbed mostly just can drinks hehehe.

Yeah.. pooh.. you are welcome to join us.. What is the camera you have ?

Right hand rub a bottle to drink , left hand rub my cute chinchinla. their faces soooo cute! blur blur one i tell u.

GENO said:
Right hand rub a bottle to drink , left hand rub my cute chinchinla. their faces soooo cute! blur blur one i tell u.

Eh.. bring your dog along leh .. i sure love to play with his/her ^_^

Amigo.. are you tagging along with us this time?

i'm using D70 leh just bought 3 weeks ago ... very basic setup . slowly lah ... thinking of getting a good tripod ... my travelpod so flimsy ...anytime will topple haha

Status
Not open for further replies.