Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 Shoot with Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

madscientist

Dec 12, 2005
Hi all,

Our location scout has reported a wonderful location. Vibration free, paranomic view and away from the public. No more of people kicking your tripod and lamp posts problems!

The Roof Terrace @ Esplanade is a wonderful open area with a maximum capacity of 450 people. Cool breeze, fresh air and a breath-taking view!

The magic starts at 9pm where the sky will be lighted with beautiful shades.

After all that shutter-clicking, it's time to chill out and have fun! Chat with fellow photographers and exchange ideas. For those who had their fingers superglued to their shutter trigger, no worries, we have planted 5 babes whom you can take shots with. Of course, for those hardcores, there will be 2 outlets with modelling lights for you to freeze that "wow" moments.

What's a cocktail party without food and music? Do not worry, all those will be catered by Esplanade's professional contractors.

More information will be released soon.

Date: 12th August 2006
Time: 9pm - 11pm
Venue: Roof Terrace @ Esplanade

360o View of Roof Terrace
http://www.mypora.org/temp/RoofTerrace_small.mov

Hi all,

As this is a large scale event, we would like to know how you feel. Please do take a 9 questions survey which won't costs you more than 3 minutes.

Below is the link:
Click here to take the survey now

Thank you.

Hey, one event has come and gone, the next is for tomorrow night followed by the last two on Friday & Sat. nights but we have not heard from you about your big event. Is this going to occur or otherwise.

Please update us!

Many thanks.:confused:

Hi syl,

As the venue provider has not yet send me an confirmation, I am waiting for the details to stabilise. From what I can see, just the catering of food and drinks are costing $75/person and the venue provider insists on using their caterers. According to the survey results, I do not think you guys are going to pay 100+ per person for such an event. I do need an attendance of 200 person in order for the venue costs to be acceptable.

syl said:
Hey, one event has come and gone, the next is for tomorrow night followed by the last two on Friday & Sat. nights but we have not heard from you about your big event. Is this going to occur or otherwise.

Please update us!

Many thanks.:confused:

madscientist said:
I do need an attendance of 200 person in order for the venue costs to be acceptable.

Erm... 200 photogs take 5 models? :bigeyes:

*ahem* .. the most 'challenging' shoot and this is a classic example of NATO ? :think: ....on second thots .... :bsmilie:

Hi Eric Lee,

Nope. 200 people to shoot at the fireworks. Models are only available to groups who paid for them, it's unfair for someone to pay for them and may not get the chance to shoot.

madscientist said:
Hi Eric Lee,

Nope. 200 people to shoot at the fireworks. Models are only available to groups who paid for them, it's unfair for someone to pay for them and may not get the chance to shoot.

Thanks for the prompt reply. All e best ! :)

actually, the roof bar is free to access. no need to book the whole place. just book a table. and as long as you order drinks/ food, you are good to go.

Wow... 200 photogs, on the roof... this I wanna see :D

one word "Seow..!!"
Make it two.. "damn seow..!"

Idea I also got alot, but many never happens..

So has anything been finalized ?
NPNT, else this is just another crap from an idiot

Hi,

Please read carefully before posting. I can see that quite a no of people here are experts in organising such events. I suppose that I would benefit others better than people here. Please do not post here so that the admins here do not have to keep on upgrading their servers to maintain this forum. For those who are still interested, please pm me for details instead.

Admins, please lock this thread, thank you.

lock yourself when you reply here and click on the box, "lock thread after post".

Cheers! :D

Nope, cant see such a check box. Anyone got any ideas how to lock?

Thanks.

madscientist said:
Nope, cant see such a check box. Anyone got any ideas how to lock?

Thanks.

Must send a PM to any CS moderator. Thats the only way nowadays.

Latest update:

Non-exclusive cocktail party (free flow soft drinks and some finger food) from 7:30pm onwards to 11pm for $30 only!!! (Actual price is $25.00+++) Location will be revealed to interested parties to prevent pple who are too free to keep enquiring with the venue owner about everything although it isn't their job to answer the questions and have insufficient details to do so.

Must confirm by 3pm, 11 August 2006.

I thank the organising team for their efforts and the venue owner for doing their best to handle our ever-outrageous demands, :D

Please note that I do not earn a single cent here even though there's a 90 cents difference, the figure was rounded up for your convenience.

I'm on for this event. Will PM you my personal details so you can contact me.

Many thanks

Winston

Wow, from $75 to $30, what a deal! Does the $30 includes babes and fireworks?

So it's not the roof top of the Esplanade? Will the location be Vibration free, with paranomic view and away from the public. Will there be anyone around kicking tripods?

But if the venue is non-exclusive, what is your value add???

You don't ant us to bother the venue owners, becasue they do not have sufficient details? What details, what additional things are you organising that you equated to "outrageous demands"? Since it is a non-exclusive venue, how no earth are you going to execute your outrageous demands?

One thing I am going to give you, you ar the biggest talker in Singapore, all talk no action! Give us details!!!

By the way, since you don't make a penny, except for the 90 cents, what is it in it for you to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.