Not open for further replies.

djchris

Jul 21, 2002
www.confusedillusions.com
Dates: 1st Aug
8th Aug
15th Aug

Venue: Marina Bay

For the first time, an international fireworks festival is being held in Singapore. The festival will be held over 3 weekends (1st, 8th and 15th Aug). On each of these Sundays, a team from Hong Kong, Singapore and the USA will be providing a spectacular fireworks display, lasting 12-16minutes.

For More Informations @ NDP Website

Don't think esplanade roof will be good...
I'll be looking for somewhere to capture the esplanade, fireworks and the river all together... :)

Shoot from Benjamin Shears Bridge.

Or go across the the bridge to the empty field. But the only bad thing is that it is really going to be a really long walk. Something like doing route march with full pack on.

Anybody knows about what time the fireworks will be displayed?? 2000hrs??

Love this man, so now I can have many many chances to practise!!

agape01 said:

Or go across the the bridge to the empty field. But the only bad thing is that it is really going to be a really long walk. Something like doing route march with full pack on.

IMO, the shear bridge is not an ideal location. The ground is always vibrating due to the moving traffic(I can feel the vibration not to mention the camera). even if you have a very stable tripod also no use. :confused:

Blight can verify this.

Hi all I'm keen too

What should be the ideal setting for the camera? remote shutter is a must?

rainman said:
Hi all I'm keen too

What should be the ideal setting for the camera? remote shutter is a must?

I use a tripod and my camera on Bulb. Remote shutter CONFIRM AND GUARANTEE must have for me.

I will prob be going for all of them

If you guys want to book that room better do it fast man :)
gonna be really booked up very fast I think

agape01 said:

i may want to try shears bridge too, less crowded right, and can use esplanade as background

who ask u to bring full pack? just camera + 17-40 for me enough, dun even need a tripod, i prefer shooting fireworks handheld :D

For me, my equipment will consist of:
- my EOS 300V
- my 28-200 tamron lense courtesy of morimori
- my tripod
- my remote shutter cable
- my black card
- rolls of film

Next Saturday going to recce for grounds... :)
Anyone interested to join me for the fireworks festival? maybe we have a group outing or something...

Hi, i m new in Clubsnap but keen to take NDP fireworks. Can i join in?
Wats required? Any Tips?

agape01 said:

i dont think the bridge will be a good idea...u will be on the same side as the fireworks..maybe even get a heart attack b4 u can shoot. becos it will be very loud there...camera will vibrate.too much there bcos of fireworks. lol....becos its very near...I was at the esplanade side with a 35 mm lens on may the 1st..may day fireworks...still not wide enough. further more at the bridge ...it will be extremely too near....what time u guys going...i seriously want to join u all.....i am new to clubsnap....so really want to get to know more pple photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.