Singapore Firework Celebration 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all

I have around 8 tickets left for tonight show. 23 aug sat. willing to let go at below cost at $20 each.. price is final
call me if u r interested 96928021 nick

hi anyone can tell me how to shoot good pictures of a fireworks? ill be up in a building overseeing marina so would the glassware affect too?

nice fireworks tonight hope tml's 1 will be more gd =)
Having viewed all the past SFF/SFC performances so far, I have to say the display was kinda disappointing yesterday, or maybe thats only because I was viewing from the Esplanade Bridge. The two firing points look like disjointed segments as opposed to the layered presentation someone would see from the platform. Unless I have a really wide lends, it is difficult trying to frame both in one shot from where I was.

I certainly hope it will be better today too!

Having viewed all the past SFF/SFC performances so far, I have to say the display was kinda disappointing yesterday, or maybe thats only because I was viewing from the Esplanade Bridge. The two firing points look like disjointed segments as opposed to the layered presentation someone would see from the platform. Unless I have a really wide lends, it is difficult trying to frame both in one shot from where I was.

I certainly hope it will be better today too!
The old firing pt. from 2006's SFF display was still the best...almost perfectly in line with the esplanade bridge and you can frame nicely with Merlion in foreground too. Yesterday's one was like all over the shop unless you are viewing from the grandstand.

hi anyone can tell me how to shoot good pictures of a fireworks? ill be up in a building overseeing marina so would the glassware affect too?

better to to shoot at rooftop or open areas =)

Will today's show be postpone if the rain continues?

i oso would like to know...i bought 2 tickets for tonight's event... looks like the rain is not stopping anyime soon :(

Is there any tel no or website to check, whether the show is going to be postponed or not...

Is there any tel no or website to check, whether the show is going to be postponed or not...

" A PART OF SINGAPORE NATIONAL DAY CELEBRATION "
For media enquires, please contact us at info@fireworks.com.sg
Copyrights© 2008 . Festival Square Circle Pte Ltd .

155 Neil Road Singapore 088882 . tel +65 6220 8180 . fax +65 6220 0632

The old firing pt. from 2006's SFF display was still the best...almost perfectly in line with the esplanade bridge and you can frame nicely with Merlion in foreground too. Yesterday's one was like all over the shop unless you are viewing from the grandstand.
Yeah man past events has always been better because they have a much bigger safety area, plus the shoreline to play with. The firing points were further towards the south of the bay and along the marina south waterfront. The IR construction put a permanent stop to that, something I have predicted to happen when construction began.

I suppose the event will have to move out of the Marina Bay area permanently if it wants to grow beyond just one main firing point in the middle of the small bay. Bigger displays like those in Sydney, London and Hong Kong use the Darling Harbour, the Thames, and the Victoria Harbour respectively, allowing for multiple firing points and spectacularly large displays. We might very well move to the Marina Channel once again, just as they did it once in 2005, although the firing point was along Marina East. The new Gardens by the Bay will require the firing points be from floating platforms floating in the middle of the channel.

what unusual thing??

Snoweagle, dont just show us this face :eek:, please share the picture so that we can all :eek: with you.

Ok are are 2 examples, tell me anything unusual? Note that all pics are direct from my cam.

Picture1-27.jpg

Picture2-6.jpg

Ok are are 2 examples, tell me anything unusual? Note that all pics are direct from my cam.

Picture1-27.jpg

Picture2-6.jpg

i immediately know the smoke formed a face when u told us to look carefully -_- its a 3d face somemore.. lol! that's damn errie in a month like this man..

arha dun scared us le 7mth havent over le =(

Yeah it's true, there's a face formed by the smoke. Those who've taken at the same time as me on 22 August will also have this face. Actually i also didn't know until right after the shoot while previewing the pics, my friend pointed it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.