Not open for further replies.

Lord_Angelus

Jan 5, 2005
Singapore
lord-angelus.deviantart.com
http://www.singaporefashionweek.com.sg/

THE EVENT
17 - 23 October

Singapore Fashion Week 2005 (SFW05) will feature a series of international exhibitions catering to the COMPLETE modus operandi in the fashion, garment and textile industry. From raw materials to machinery, from the completed apparel to high-end fashion design, SFW offers a fully comprehensive scope of the various industries.

Some strange photos on that page. I guess garters, hotpants, and stiletto heels now qualify as fashion. If I were a woman, not sure what to make of the message there. :eek: Show up at the office in that garb, hmmm? Or, just wear it for a stroll down Orchard Road? Or, around the house for a family gathering. Dun think so. :bsmilie:

with the exception of #3, #5 and #6
the rest of the event doesn't seem to open to public
17th - 20th Oct The Designers Show (TDS)
20th Oct InspirAsian - A Gala Evening
21st Oct Singapore Fashion Designers Contest (SFDC)
22nd Oct Dare To (DT)
22nd Oct Asian Young Fashion Designers Contest (AYFDC)
23rd Oct School Connexion (SC)

Drudkh said:
same old question, can shoot?
Last year can. This year sure can. Raffles City has been always good too.

Whoops...22nd and 23rd shooting wedding. Hope the other events can shoot.

2100 said:
Last year can. This year sure can. Raffles City has been always good too.

Whoops...22nd and 23rd shooting wedding. Hope the other events can shoot.

No offense, but the same comments were made on the Taka fashion shoot....:dunno:

dnd8008 said:
No offense, but the same comments were made on the Taka fashion shoot....:dunno:

Taka can shoot.. just have to be outside the square.. with a 200mm to 300mm lens no problem.. Guess the only way to find out is to be there.... :dunno:

dnd8008 said:
Can shoot what. Just have to shoot outside the square. :) Just not optimal that's all.

There are times in which one purposely early knock off, lug tripod and big lenses, spend 30 minutes on transport to go to some location and find out that photography is totally disallowed.

hmm........ seems tat there are alot of things to shoot over these 2 weekends..
22nd got photomarathon also..
got HSBC wakeboard also..

with the exception of #3, #5 and #6
the rest of the event doesn't seem to open to public
17th - 20th Oct The Designers Show (TDS)
20th Oct InspirAsian - A Gala Evening
21st Oct Singapore Fashion Designers Contest (SFDC)
22nd Oct Dare To (DT)
22nd Oct Asian Young Fashion Designers Contest (AYFDC)
23rd Oct School Connexion (SC)

Please advice whether we can take picture in the Art house at the old Parliament?

You are right. There is lot of program as 22nd, Canon marathon and waterfest is also on the 22 and 23 too.

Thank you for the help.

Have a nice day.

Friends....::angel:

For the designer shows in art house and other location where invitation are required, it is best that you guys ask the organiser this year, which is Taff.

During last year's events. Some of the photographers approached me to seek our kind permission to shoot in Chijmes, Millenia Walk and Meritus Mandarin Ballroom. I gave them the thumbs up when they promised to send some pictures over to us. But till today, none of them did :) So this year, since we are not the organiser nor the sponsors, I think its nice for you guys ask them for those close door shows (esp since couture ones are showcased and many are quite cher one <see through>).

Happy shooting :)

So which date and show can be shoot (open)?:sweat: :think:

Tuck Loong said:
For the designer shows in art house and other location where invitation are required, it is best that you guys ask the organiser this year, which is Taff.

During last year's events. Some of the photographers approached me to seek our kind permission to shoot in Chijmes, Millenia Walk and Meritus Mandarin Ballroom. I gave them the thumbs up when they promised to send some pictures over to us. But till today, none of them did :) So this year, since we are not the organiser nor the sponsors, I think its nice for you guys ask them for those close door shows (esp since couture ones are showcased and many are quite cher one <see through>).

Happy shooting :)

Hi Tuck Loong,

Since u mention the organiser's name Taff, surely you know him. Can you ask for us whether we can shoot over there? I would like to be one of the many photographers there. Thanks in advance.

300n

donchua said:
So which date and show can be shoot (open)?:sweat: :think:

Do check the website link posted far earlier by Lord_Angelus, there are some at Raffles City Atrium that should be ok for the open public. In the worst case, write to TAFF and seek grant to the shows.

Btw the 3 shows at raffles city are at 7pm..

Singapore Fashion Designers Contest (SFDC)
21 Oct, 7pm, City Square

Singapore's up-and-coming designers gather to show off their creations in a nation-wide search for Singapore's next big thing in fashion. The SFDC has been a vital springboard for the careers of some of Singapore's top designers. Who will emerge as the region's most promising designer, and win a $200,000 scholarship sponsored by DesignSingapore Council?

Asian Young Fashion Designers Contest (AYFDC)
22 Oct, 7pm, City Square

Held in Singapore, it is the only regional talent search that showcases the works of designers from countries like India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. The winner will walk away with a scholarship from Raffles Design Institute.

School Connexion
23 Oct, 7pm, City Square

Check out cutting-edge fashion by the graduating classes of Singapore's four design schools - Raffles Design Institute, Temasek Polytechnic School of Design, LaSalle SIA College of the Arts and The Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts.

Taka also got shows at 7pm on 21st Oct. Givenchy. Which to go? Or stay at home better? :think:

I was meeting some couples at Raffles City last nite, seems like the stage has not been setup yet. But it looks like the main runway might be quite long. And not sure if there is a stage for official photographers. Lighting equipment seems decent enough.

You're right, there was a show yesterday too,showing JPG collection. I was there!!

Some shots taken.
DSC_0869.jpg

DSC_0938.jpg

next show will be 21 Givenchy & 23 Kenzo.

2100 said:
Taka also got shows at 7pm on 21st Oct. Givenchy. Which to go? Or stay at home better? :think:

I was meeting some couples at Raffles City last nite, seems like the stage has not been setup yet. But it looks like the main runway might be quite long. And not sure if there is a stage for official photographers. Lighting equipment seems decent enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.