Singapore caddy and China golfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tintoys

hi guys n gals...

read an intering article in ST. The Chinese golfer decided to pay the Spore caddy US5k after all the hoohah in the papers. I would like to hear what ur views on this? thanks

I think that it is fair that the golfer paid a "standard percentage" amount of winning, which is the caddy is entitled.

I read in the NewPaper, stating that he had USD700 with him during the time. And he claimed that the caddy misunderstood him. This I found is rubbish and double standard. If he really, willing to pay him the money, why he takes so long to settle it? And if he won in Europe or Americas, I believed he won't be pulling this stunt!!

USD100 on average for 7 days work is hard work for a caddy. Believe me, I'm talking from experienced although the experience is a long time ago but all the same. Those outside the game thought that caddy did not play an important role, but caddy know the fairways and green better than any of the golfer. So that why they rely on their caddy. I remember, during my time as a caddy, every Monday all caddy with handicap played golf on Monday. If you are new, you go to driving range or practice putting, before you move on to the fairway. You are being monitored by the club professional and grade you accordingly.

I think, with Singapore trying to position her status as a prestigious golfing venue, our caddy should have an agreement with the golfers even before the first tee-off. Agreed on the payment agreement and bonuses if the golfer won the tournament. I think they should start having the own association, just like in Europe and America, they are professional too.

-FND->

Having an agreement upfront sounds like a good idea, but this is more like an appreciation for his work. It's just like tipping the tour guide. It used to be the case of undisclosed amount from the heart kinda thingy, but in several countries, you have to pay $x/day for the service. Becomes kinda superficial. So it's people like the cheena guy who makes this looks quite ugly. Ernie Els pays his caddy around US$20k. No choice, I think they have to make the market rate to be x% of the winnings to show their appreciation to the caddies.

Anyone knows good person /place to teach golf? what's the general cost for beginners like?

Originally posted by Shadus
Anyone knows good person /place to teach golf? what's the general cost for beginners like?

You can trying popping by any of the public driving range and see if they have any professionals giving lessons there. Make sure they provide video recording of your swings, and PC/Handicap tests at the end of the course. Your camera comes in good use here, take shots of your swings.

I had my fine-tuning lessons with The David Leadbetter Academy at The Pulai Springs.:thumbsup: My coach, Roger, was really good, he can actually point out the tiny habit that caused me to slice, which none other "pros" in Singapore I had lessons with managed to spot.

I am not saying all pros in singapore are as bad as the ones I've met, but would suggest you that if you are already a member to a golf and country club, then sometime it's advisable to get the pros from the club to teach you. You see, the club has a reputation to keep and, as for you, less chance of you getting lesson from somewhere else and later find out that your club doesn't recognise the handicap/PC issue from some other place. ;)

u can start by cutting grass ur self using the big swinging blade....u might get paid.....:D

Originally posted by Fundee

u can start by cutting grass ur self using the big swinging blade....u might get paid.....:D

;p then you become a real hacker, literally!

Status
Not open for further replies.