Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 only..........to safe guard spore sky.......... so few unit...!!

2nd hand or 5th hand or already going to scrap one? :bsmilie:

These F-15s are for strike role. F-16s will be use for Air-defence & superiority.
With stand-off weapons that come with the purchase of these F-15s, RSAF will have deep strike capacity, which no other nations in SEA will have.

Btw, F-15SG's air-frame is a totally diff frame from the old F-15A/B. So dun think that this is a old plane.:nono:

Whatever it is I believe that it is the watered down version....

You honestly think that US will permit us to have the full capabilities of the E? Perhaps, the software is good only for what was used in the first Gulf War. Even then, it would be really deadly already compared to what our neighbours have.

On the other hand, the capabilities of the F-15E might even surpass what most people think the F-15 is capable of.

And knowing SG likes to pick up written off stuff, I won't be surprised either... :bsmilie:

by seeing non constructive comment towards home country defence capability, i rather that person get a life.

looking all around us our neighbouring countries, our govement had really done well and maintaining it.

dominator said:
by seeing non constructive comment towards home country defence capability, i rather that person get a life.

looking all around us our neighbouring countries, our govement had really done well and maintaining it.

Some of the many Singaporeans are really skeptical over this purchases; I was at a coffeeshop just hours before for my dinner and heard this bunch of students conversing over this purchase. First they touched on the issue that these jet planes are a waste of money, second the waste of time to train pilots for this new system then they touched on the issue of chosing Boeing over Dassault.

I am not really taught in military aviation, but I believed what the government did was done outright to safeguard this nation.

Slivester said:
Some of the many Singaporeans are really skeptical over this purchases; I was at a coffeeshop just hours before for my dinner and heard this bunch of students conversing over this purchase. First they touched on the issue that these jet planes are a waste of money, second the waste of time to train pilots for this new system then they touched on the issue of chosing Boeing over Dassault.

I am not really taught in military aviation, but I believed what the government did was done outright to safeguard this nation.
Uninformed coffeeshop talk... What can I say? There are reasons why the F15 was purchased and the issue would have had much discussion and thought before a purchase is made....

By the way. 12 isn't exactly a small number... You don't need large numbers for surgical strikes...

Yup, its an old template for the airframe. Imagine the camera using the same kind of body but instead of using film not it uses CCD sensors. The overall form and shape doesn't change much. Hope this analogy let most people understand what the RSAF is acquiring.

This aircraft performance and capability is as good as any a/c with more deadly fire power.
There are reasons why some people buy second had camera too as long as it meet the needs but maybe not the budget.

RSAF certainly have the budget to acquire newly built, solely customised equipment that have its own abbreviation code.:thumbsup:

jeremyftk said:
Uninformed coffeeshop talk... What can I say? There are reasons why the F15 was purchased and the issue would have had much discussion and thought before a purchase is made....

certainly agreed. :thumbsup:

ah beng ah seng, ah lian or ah huay....non of us are knowledgeable on those discussions i suppose.
The deciding factors, the aim...the budget and the nation.

FYI for those uninformed, please read up and do some homework on the relationship between us and USA.Our defense R&D collaboration is far-reaching and many people do not realise this fact.Spartan USV anyone?

The E is old news, and the SG version has a V3 AESA, which is already one step above the K series for the RoKAF, which is using the V1.

:rolleyes: talk about national security, it's time to really try to understand why we spend such a huge portion of our GDP on defense.

LazerLordz said:
:rolleyes: talk about national security, it's time to really try to understand why we spend such a huge portion of our GDP on defense.
Yeah lor, to show that our tax money are put to good use. :bsmilie:

LazerLordz said:
FYI for those uninformed, please read up and do some homework on the relationship between us and USA.Our defense R&D collaboration is far-reaching and many people do not realise this fact.Spartan USV anyone?

The E is old news, and the SG version has a V3 AESA, which is already one step above the K series for the RoKAF, which is using the V1.

Agreed.
Btw, are u from Military Nuts?

I thought it was designated F15-T? there is a very good reason why F15 is chosen. All those people (experts though they are) don't seem to give that point enough weight. Very simply, if you look at our F16C/D, have you noticed that they have a dorsal spine? Even the American F16C/D doesn't have them. But at least one other country's F16 have them. This spine is chock full of ECM gear. You think our F16 fire american missiles only?

Now think, who else has F15 and has the ability to develop, use and test ECM gear and other enhancements? Another way of looking at this, if we chose Rafale, where are we going to get such battle tested enhancements?

ding ding.

Status
Not open for further replies.