Singapore Buskers Festival '03 - Grand Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiama

May 26, 2002
.SG
:cheergal: Sat, 15 Nov 2003, 8.15pm @ Orchard :cheergal:

Parade Route :
Stretching from the Orchard MRT to Meritus Mandarin Hotel and on the other side of the pedestrian boulevard to Marriot Hotel.

http://www.singapore-buskers.com/parade.htm

West_ray said:
only for Digital .... :cry:
And must pay $5 per photo some more!!! :cry:

Hey, they also encourage participation for the procession. Let's form a Clubsnap contingent and walk down Orchard Road taking photos of people looking at us! :D

Newman said:
And must pay $5 per photo some more!!! :cry:

Hey, they also encourage participation for the procession. Let's form a Clubsnap contingent and walk down Orchard Road taking photos of people looking at us! :D

though i'm using film cam ... but will go for tat event as well .... ;)

"THE MAIN EVENT
Join in the merry making extravaganza of chaos on beautifully lit-up streetwalk with a most spectacular and spontaneous procession of international street performers, stiltwalkers, masquerades, costumes, song and dance. Come dressed and join in the party !!! It's FREE. You are more than welcome not just to watch and but to participate. You may even order a costume to march with the procession, just like a local.

Contact Staphnie if you and your group of friends have some wild and creative expression to show off at this street parade."

:light: maybe we can have a "flash firing" contingent :bsmilie:

I wonder why so many competition requires digital camera... Are film cameras not good enough? Or is it another way to promote digital camera?

Gunjack said:
I wonder why so many competition requires digital camera... Are film cameras not good enough? Or is it another way to promote digital camera?

I believe it is a storage and handling issue........ Digital much more convinient to handle.....

The rules seem to imply that the photos need to be shot by a digital camera. If what u say is true, does that mean that I can scan my film into digital format and participate in the competition too?

Gunjack said:
The rules seem to imply that the photos need to be shot by a digital camera. If what u say is true, does that mean that I can scan my film into digital format and participate in the competition too?

should be ok i think. besides, afterall u will be giving them the digital copy only, they wun know it's from film.

chyeo said:
should be ok i think. besides, afterall u will be giving them the digital copy only, they wun know it's from film.

would they not read the EXIF info?

I don't think you can use a film camera for the competition, as you have to queue to enter the picture downloading station, and download a maximum of 3 images. If you want to submit more than 3 photos, you would have to queue again, and of course pay another 5 buckeroos.

And the maximum file size permitted is only 2MB only.

Gunjack said:

Canon is sponsoring, and they are pushing for digital all the way now. Digital as in pure digital, not scanned. I think they will be using the same upload system as in the recent Computer Times/Canon Digital Photomarathon. If it's anything to go by, I believe their judging criteria might be similar, with a lot of emphasis on creativity, and not too much on technicals.

chyeo said:

They will check the EXIF data, especially the date and time the photograph is taken to verify that it was not taken before the event. ;)

so whos going lateR? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.