Singapore Arts Festival Closing Celebrations

Status
Not open for further replies.
came back from the event, just a few thoughts from me for those who are going...

1. be early to chop the best 'seats'..
2. no flash is allowed.. (so leave your speedlights at home..) ;)
3. bring the lens with the largest aperture, IS/VR is really handy, boost ISO to 800 or even higher if necc..
4. tripods can be deployed as long as it is not blocking the audience..
5. for those who like loud music/pyrotechnics/fire performances will like this event.
6. there is a short 1min or so fireworks segment, nothing too fanciful though, at the end of the performance (the show is est. 1hr 15mins) :think:

lastly, enjoy the show!

any pictures to show what's the place and performance like? i will be heading down tomorrow for this event though i stay in eunos -.- i'm heading down with 70-200 f4

F4 is gonna be tough.. at least to me.. :think:

i stay in hougang. worse right.. lol.
will show pics later.. ;)

how far were you from the performance? What's the focal length you use to take the whole stage?

how far were you from the performance? What's the focal length you use to take the whole stage?

bring both the wide and the tele...u will need both

was about 3m? from the performing area, it is not an elevated stage btw..

here are 3 samples at 12mm (tokina 12-24 f4)..
do pardon my photo composition skills.. the little boy infront of me was quite excited and was kinda blocked by him quite a few times.. :embrass:

sam18tz9.jpg

sam13vx2.jpg

sam4ou8.jpg
- with the little boy in front of me..

so i think you're shooting with f2.8? you wanna lend me yours? =x thanks for showing some pics

i dont have 70-200 f2.8.. :sweat:

but tele lens are highly recommeded, i shot the following with a mid zoom lens (below 100mm)..

sam6my5.jpg

sam8wi4.jpg

sam15wa3.jpg

hope these amatuer looking photos helped.. :sweat:

pro images:thumbsup: ;p

pro images:thumbsup: ;p

can i see yours then? ;p

thanks for sharing FilterFunk, now i've a rough idea on the stage layout and where to stand =p might be heading there tml night if there isn't any problems with my plans

can i see yours then? ;p

thanks for sharing FilterFunk, now i've a rough idea on the stage layout and where to stand =p might be heading there tml night if there isn't any problems with my plans

do note there is a huge fan like structure on the right of the boy on the 3rd pic..

you might want to siam that area if you dont want to include that in your WA framing.. :sweat:

also worth noting is the number of small spot lights laid on the ground.. :think:

can i see yours then? ;p

caught a couple spiders in action....
PICT4023re.jpg

shemales in action....
PICT4012re.jpg

a bunch of clowns...
PICT4190re.jpg

a pretty lady zhao geng
PICT4111re.jpg

my lens too short for pics like this.. :cry:
not to mention no in-body IS / lens IS..

as i always advise to my friends..never leave home without a wide and tele....

not pro la.. :embrass: far from it, still learning WA..

hmm, the anti-shake joke about 1 of the performer? :bsmilie:

the dark patch.....:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.