Singapore ArtFest Opening Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if they'll be splashing water at the audience? I don't want to get my equipment wet!!

Anyway, went down there to look at the setup... it's so close to the UOB building. I wonder where's the best place to view the show - doesn't look like it's there's a lot of room for large crowds, unless they get across the river.

i doubt you will even be close at all. pyrotechnics seen in europe doesnt look impressive at all but i saw a VVIP bus around city hall mrt just now. with 4 TPs , one civilian car ( should be govt ppls or police ) and a police car. bus has a cameraman inside.

so yeah be there early to shoot.

You are right. The pyrotechnics was nothing to talk about. Not even half as close as NDP's. The performance was also slow and rather boring too. Honestly, I don't know what I was watching. I guess unless you're a VIP, then you'll get to appreciate the whole performance. I couldn't coz of the distractions around me.

Anyway, the entire Boat Quay was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO crowded!!! I got there at 7pm and "front seat viewing" were filled. I sat on "3rd row" and could only see the back of the heads of the ppl sitting in front of me. I got up and stood next to the concrete seats for the next 1hr and 45 mins. Viewing was better, but then there were some inconsiderate last-minute audience who rudely squeezed in. That totally messed things up. I ended up viewing the back of another person's head, who was one of those late comers. So unfair, right. I couldn't even take proper photos. In fact, there were a lot of other photographers behind me who probably ended up frustrated too.

If you're going there on Saturday or Sunday, be there early!!! Like at 6pm. If "front seats" are taken, go across the river where the Asian Civilisation Museum is. It'll get just as crowded, but not as fast.

And oh, fireworks on all three shows. But don't expect much lah.

ya, was kinda frustrated.
there was a baby troller infront of me!!!! and the mother was more concentrated to play with her baby then to look at the performance.
Most of my shots ended with the back of her head in it, and the rest were blur due to the crowd pushing around..
wasted trip there..

if you guys wanna go the next two days, like what tazz had mentioned. get there EARLY and book your seats.
best place will be beside the 'grand stand'

I was there on Fri.. agree that the show don't make sense to me. :dunno:

anyway.. there are some fireworks on and off.. but the main part is towards the end around 8.40pm... last for 10mins. was standing at uob plaza beside the VIP seats, but that is not a good spot to shoot. Ending fireworks are rather high, will not be able to include any background if shooting from there.. Am gg to try the bridge beside fullerton on Sunday so can include the river .. Happy shooting!

Jenson

You may want to try the little notch of grounds just before going onto the bridge. The bridge looks strong but it tends to vibrate even when a kid was just running past. I was shooting from the bridge on Friday, and if you've anything below 28mm (ref to 35mm std), probably can frame uob building (portrait) into the picture. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers~

Benares, wanna go shoot tomorrow?

I'll pass for this event :p
I think I'll go check out Ngee Ann City instead :D
This is too boring and the 'performers' will look like ants if you frame the uob building in... haha

Thanks for the invite though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.