Singapore Airshow 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

basherbomb

Mar 4, 2008
The airshow is coming...
Want to take the chance to take some good shots.

What body from canon should i use? Lens?

Please advise.

Thanks

My parents will visit me this summer. I want to bring them around in SG and MY. Which BMW car should I use, which seats will be best?

Hope that helps you to review your question. You also might want to have a look at the existing images posted here by other members. EXIF data and comments will show you the equipment. Make your own conclusions.

Tickets booked. Will be there on Sunday. First time try to shoot aerial performance.
:)

Last edited:
The airshow is coming...

Please advise.

Thanks
you should bring a UWA on FF to ensure that youre able to capture the aircraft. :p

No 600mm. Dont bother to go..

As in ultra wide angle? What's FF?

The airshow is coming...

Please advise.

Thanks

Canon 1dmk4 and 600f4L / 800f5.6L for the aerial display.
16-35f2.8L or fisheye for the static shots.

OK seriously. Using a crop body (500D / 50D / 7D) would be fine. Should be able to get 1/2 decent shots with a 70-300f4-5.6 for the aerial display and a 18-55 kit lens for the static aircraft.

The airshow is coming...

Please advise.

Thanks
i recommend a crop camera....and as for lens, i heard the maximum allowed is 300mm lens.

Who says there are restrictions on lens? Please back up with facts.

i recommend a crop camera....and as for lens, i heard the maximum allowed is 300mm lens.

That restriction prob only applies to Paya Lebar Open house (RSAF airbase). The airshow is held at Changi Convention Centre. So, anything goes as long as u have the $ and stamina...

i am going as well..:cool::cool:

planning to bring along my Canon 500D with kit lens, 55-250mm, and external flash, i think should be able to capture everything right?

Kit lens for static aircraft shoot, zoom lens for performance show and candid....hehe...:bsmilie::bsmilie:

That restriction prob only applies to Paya Lebar Open house (RSAF airbase). The airshow is held at Changi Convention Centre. So, anything goes as long as u have the $ and stamina...
hopefully the people at the gate knows that....sure hate to queue and then be informed more then 300mm lenses no allowed. ah anyway its my first Singapore Airshow experience so see how lah.

Right.. I was thinking...
5D Mark II, 18-200mm, 100-400mm.
18-200 for static and group shots. 100-400 for aerial display.
What do you think?

This is one of the shot taken during 2008 S'pore Air Show, F16 Black Knight from S'pore Air Force. Lens at least a minimum 300mm and above to be required for aerial shooting.
2324589633_f315e5a897_o.jpg

I only have 7D+17-55mm, so prob gonna go there take people shots (staring at the sky)

Right.. I was thinking...
5D Mark II, 18-200mm, 100-400mm.
18-200 for static and group shots. 100-400 for aerial display.
What do you think?

600F4L I.S. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.