Singapore Airshow 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
Singapore Airshow already 95% booked by exhibitors
By Channel NewsAsia's Satish Cheney in France | Posted: 21 June 2009 1634 hrs

LE BOURGET, France: With the week-long Paris Air Show ending on Sunday, all eyes will be on next year's Singapore Airshow.

Not only will it indicate if the struggling aviation industry is straightening itself out of an economic tailspin, it will also reflect the growing potential of the sector in the region.

The who's who of the aviation world attended the Paris Air Show.

While the mood may have been dampened by the economic turbulence and the recent Air
France crash, a record 2,000 exhibitors from 48 countries took part in the event.

There are so many aircraft on display at the Paris Air Show that it will take more than a day just to see them all. And at next year's Singapore Airshow, organisers are trying to beef up the number of static displays as well.

And as a bonus, they are trying to get a special aeroplane which will simulate the experience of space travel. Meet the Airbus A300 Zero G (zero gravity). If things go as planned, visitors may just get inside and see what it feels like to be weightless.

And that is not all.

There are also plans to bring in the much-talked about Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
The Dreamliner is one of the most high-tech commercial planes to be manufactured. It was supposed to have been in service from May 2008, but has been facing production delays. During the Paris Air Show, Boeing said the test flight for the Dreamliner will take place at the end of June.

And when it comes to aerial displays, organisers also plan to bring world-class aerobatics, though details have yet to be confirmed.

The Singapore Airshow is also doing well on the exhibitor front.

Before the Paris Air Show, it was 90 per cent booked. Now, it is 95 per cent booked.
Next year's event will also launch the first-ever business forums during trade days. The business forums will give information on doing business in Southeast Asia and India, China as well as Australia.

In July, the organisers will be inviting government officials from the region for their show next year. This is two months ahead of their usual timeframe - to ensure an increase in the number of foreign delegates.

Going forward, there are plans to include a third hall at the exhibition site in Changi, and perhaps even a 500-seater auditorium.

The Paris Air Show has also provided Singapore organisers with some tips.
Jimmy Lau, managing director, Singapore Airshow & Events, said: "One thing we are studying closely is the management of international delegations, military delegations into the show, and how they go about arranging for meetings amongst the exhibitors and bilateral meetings as well."

Mr Lau expects the cost of running the Singapore Airshow to go up by 10 per cent, from the S$20 million spent at the last show.

The main reason for the increase is due to setting up measures to guard against the Influenza A (H1N1) virus.

The Singapore Airshow will take place at the Changi Exhibition Centre from February 2 to February 7 next year. - CNA/ms

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../437498/1/.html

I wonder how will the crowd management be for the Singapore Airshow 2010.

Crowds going back, Singapore Airshow 2008.

2285889862_8680495052.jpg

I wonder how will the crowd management be for the Singapore Airshow 2010.

Crowds going back, Singapore Airshow 2008.

2285889862_8680495052.jpg

Ya...don't remind me. It was a sweat (steam) bath while queuing to get on the bus back to a nearest mrt.

Don't forget that we were herded like refugees by the Police SOC to the awaiting buses.

Crazy security checks that caused many people to miss the flight pass.

Ya...don't remind me. It was a sweat (steam) bath while queuing to get on the bus back to a nearest mrt.

Last edited:
Time to contact my lobang for trade day pass :D

Last S'pore Airshow to me is farce. Save for the USAF static displays of their jet fighters/bombers and UAVs every other static display looks like a sideshow.

We knew the Airshow was more for businesses and less for the public. A look at some Airshows in the US where old WW2 planes where part of the Flying display makes me envy.

Bring on Non-NATO jet fighters like those from Russia, at least, then we can compare to the likes of Paris Airshow, "There are so many aircraft on display at the Paris Air Show that it will take more than a day just to see them all." - last S'pore Airshow 2hrs enough for me...;p

I wish I had a video camera with me at last year's show.

My colleague was holding a box giving out the goodies on the public days, she was so harassed at one point by all the hands clawing at her that she dumped the box in front of her and you should have seen the free-for-all that ensued. In 5 seconds nothing was left and the box ripped apart. Crowd dispersed as if nothing had happened and as if it was normal behaviour.

In a separate incident on one of the public days, colleagues were in a discussion in our booth, which was cordoned off by velvet ropes, in between the public walkway and our static aircraft display. Suddenly they hear someone shouting 'Oi!! 走开!!'... because he wanted to take a photo of the aircraft and my colleagues were in the way. How 'polite'.

Can't imagine my static display and aircraft models surviving public days if we do not cordon off the entire booth.

Last edited:
Now I'll think twice whether I want to go for the Airshow 2009.
Last year, I was nearly dehydrated.. Had 2 bottles of 100 Plus + 1 bottle of water (500ml bottles).

This year is worse. The weather is so hot! May faint there.. :confused:

That's why I will not be going this year. :bsmilie:

1 less person, I am actually helping.

No information yet about who will be doing the acrobatic fly past and the static display.

Status
Not open for further replies.