Singapore Airshow 2008, 19 to 24 February 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
About Singapore airshow.

Singapore Airshow, Asia's largest aerospace and defence event, is a joint venture between the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore and the Defence Science & Technology Agency. It is one of the top three air shows in the world and serves as a global marketplace and networking platform for the military and civil aviation community. Singapore Airshow 2008 will be held from 19 to 24 February 2008.

An airshow's success depends on more than just a name. It depends on the location, the people who manage it and their experience in running successful airshows. Singapore has played host to Asia’s largest airshow for 26 years. And that experience is going to help us keep doing just that. That is why you can expect to be awed by the Singapore Airshow 2008.

On behalf of Singapore Airshow and Events Pte Ltd, organisers of Singapore Airshow 2008, we look forward to extending a warm welcome to all exhibitors and visitors.

General Show Information

Show Dates Opening Hours

Trade Visitors Only
19(Tue) February 2008 12.00 pm - 5.00 pm

20(Wed) - 22(Fri) February 2008 9.30 am - 5.00 pm

Public Visitors
23(Sat) - 24(Sun) February 2008 9.30 am - 5.00 pm

Show Dates
For Public: Only on 23rd & 24th of February 2008, 9.30am – 5.00pm

Venue
Changi Exhibition Centre, 9 Aviation Park Road, Singapore 498760

Ticket Price (Inclusive of booking fee & GST)

•Adult: S$20 per ticket
•Child (12 years old and below): S$8 per ticket
•Child (2 years old and below): FREE
•Family Package (includes 4 admission tickets which can be used as adult and/or child admissions + 1 car park label): S$100

Bulk Purchase Discount

•20 Adult tickets and above: S$17 per ticket
•20 Child tickets and above: S$7 per ticket

Please note that you can also purchase the public day tickets at all SINGPOST offices and at all SAM machines.

Singapore Airshow 2008
Asia's Largest Aerospace Event

Held at the Changi Exhibition Centre for the first time, this is the ultimate show for all aviation enthusiasts and public alike.

Come catch The Republic of Singapore Air Force’s Black Knights in action, flying the new-look F-16 Fighting Falcons!

Set your eyes on The Royal Australian Air Force’s elite formation aerobatic display team -The RAAF Roulettes.

Be up close and personal with the World's Largest Aircraft – Airbus 380!
And many more …

spacer.gif

Please note the following:

1)After your online purchase, please PRINT the e-Ticket presented on the confirmation screen and PRESENT it on arrival at Singapore Airshow 2008 for admission. Your e-Ticket will also be emailed to you.

2)Each ticket is inclusive of booking fee, GST and a shuttle bus transfer FROM Pasir Ris Bus Interchange to the exhibition site and RETURN.

3)If you intend to drive to the exhibition site, you are REQUIRED to have a VALID car park label. You can purchase a Family Package at S$100 which includes 4 admission tickets (which can be used as adult and/or child admissions) and 1 car park label. After purchasing the Family Package online, please PRINT your car park e-Voucher and PRESENT it at the following SINGPOST offices to collect your car park label.

•Singapore Post Centre: 10 Eunos Road 8, West Entrance Level 1, #01-02, Singapore Post Centre, Singapore 408600. Open from Monday to Friday (8.30am to 9.00pm), Saturday (8.30am to 4.00pm) and Sunday and Public Holidays (10am to 4.00pm)

•Suntec City Post Office: 3 Temasek Boulevard, #03-001/003, Suntec City Mall, Singapore 038983. Open from Monday to Friday (9.30am to 6.00pm), Saturday (9.30am to 2.00pm) and closed on Sunday and Public Holidays.

•Tanglin Post Office: 56 Tanglin Road, Singapore 247964. Open from Monday to Friday (8.30am – 5.00pm), Saturday (8.30am – 1.00pm) and closed on Sunday and Public Holidays.

•Orchard Post Office: 391 Orchard Road, #04-15, Ngee Ann City, Singapore 238872. Open from Monday to Friday (9.30am – 6.00pm), Saturday (9.30am – 2.00pm) and closed on Sunday and Public Holidays.

4)There is also a designated pick-up/ drop-off taxi bay at the exhibition site. Kindly note that there will be an additional location surcharge of S$8 if you are taking a taxi from the exhibition site.

5)Terms and Conditions of the eTicket:

•You MUST present the e-Ticket as proof of purchase to gain admission.
•Color or black and white print will be accepted for admission.
•Please keep this ticket in a safe place. The issuer of this e-Ticket is not responsible for any unauthorized duplication, lost or stolen tickets.
•In the event of duplicate copies, the Organizer reserves the right to refuse entry to such ticket holders.
•This e-Ticket is not refundable and it applies to the whole or part of the show dates as advertised.

spacer.gif
For general show and trade tickets enquiries, please email us at enquiries@singaporeairshow.com.sg or call us at +65 6821 2008. Our operating hours are from 9am to 6pm from Monday to Friday.

Promotion: ALL e-Ticket holders will receive a 10% off ticket price for an exclusive ride on Singapore Flyer between 19 Feb – 24 Feb 2008. For more information, visit www.singaporeflyer.com.sg

For further enquiries on the sale of public day tickets online, please email our ticketing agent at sales.support@gtn.com.sg or call at +65 63344222. Their operating hours are from 10am to 8pm from Monday to Friday and 12noon to 6pm from Saturday to Sunday (including public holidays). Please note that you can also purchase the public day tickets at all SINGPOST offices and at all SAM machines.

http://www.singaporeairshow.com.sg/visit-public-day.asp

Yup! I'll sure be there! And the RSAF Black Knights are finally returning too after 7 years!

Sure looking to seeing more thrilling performance by them and all the various participating countries too!

Oh btw, xtemujin, u r part of the organisers?

DodoAngel,

I'm just a military enthusiast and looking forward to the Black Knight performance too.:)

That's fast news - thanks man.

BTW, any idea what aircraft will be on display?

sian.....would be in aust for studies liao..

DodoAngel,

I'm just a military enthusiast and looking forward to the Black Knight performance too.:)

yah... looking forward to the black knights too...

think i'll be taking quite some leaves...

29 Nov 2007

Updates on the Singapore airshow

Co-organised by DSTA and the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, the Singapore airshow is ready with a new 2.5km-long road to the site, a massive hall and all available exhibition space booked.

The Straits Times page H13

http://www.dsta.gov.sg/images/stories/DSTA Internet/MiscFiles/071129_st.pdf

I will be there but I WON'T be lugging any sort of slr's or even a digicam. Will be relying on my K800i;)

It'll be a waste to capture an event that only happens biannually using a camera phone.:confused:

Anyone have any idea about the admission charges for the public ?

I will be there but I WON'T be lugging any sort of slr's or even a digicam. Will be relying on my K800i;)

29 Nov 2007

Updates on the Singapore airshow

Co-organised by DSTA and the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, the Singapore airshow is ready with a new 2.5km-long road to the site, a massive hall and all available exhibition space booked.

The Straits Times page H13

http://www.dsta.gov.sg/images/stories/DSTA Internet/MiscFiles/071129_st.pdf

my mum had a meeting there....she say's it's huge!

as a student, i was very honoured to visit the new Changi Exhibition Centre last thursday. its amazing to think that they built that infrastructure for the airshow, 90,000m-sq of outdoor and 40,000m-sq of indoor exhibition space (hope i remember the figures correctly). also had the chance to try go-karting, go up the observatory tower and stuff.

really looking forward to the airshow now!

ADMISSION CHARGES

Trade Days, 19-22 February 2008
Free admission for trade visitors with trade invitations. For guest without trade invitations, tickets can be purchased online at www.singaporeairshow.com.sg or at the admission at S$50 for a 1-day pass or S$150 for a 4-day pass.

Public Days, 23-24 February 2008
Tickets will be sold in advance and can be purchased online at www.singaporeairshow.com.sg or at any Singpost office, AXN kiosks and SAM outlets.

Adult: S$20 per entry
Child: S$8 per child (12 years and under)
Each public ticket includes a round-trip shuttle service between Pasir Ris Bus Interchange and Changi Exhibition Centre.

HOW TO GET THERE

CAR
Only vehicles with a valid Singapore Airshow 2008 car park label will be allowed access into the exhibition site. Car park labels are available for sale online to visitors at S$50 per entry. Please visit our website at www.singaporeairshow.com.sg for more details on how to purchase the car park labels and detailed driving directions. Alternatively, you may park at Singapore Expo and hop onto the shuttle bus service at Singapore Expo MRT Station at S$5 per trip.

Thanks for the heads up.

Where did you get the admission charges information as I couldn't find it in their website.

ADMISSION CHARGES

Trade Days, 19-22 February 2008
Free admission for trade visitors with trade invitations. For guest without trade invitations, tickets can be purchased online at www.singaporeairshow.com.sg or at the admission at S$50 for a 1-day pass or S$150 for a 4-day pass.

Public Days, 23-24 February 2008
Tickets will be sold in advance and can be purchased online at www.singaporeairshow.com.sg or at any Singpost office, AXN kiosks and SAM outlets.

Adult: S$20 per entry
Child: S$8 per child (12 years and under)
Each public ticket includes a round-trip shuttle service between Pasir Ris Bus Interchange and Changi Exhibition Centre.

HOW TO GET THERE

CAR
Only vehicles with a valid Singapore Airshow 2008 car park label will be allowed access into the exhibition site. Car park labels are available for sale online to visitors at S$50 per entry. Please visit our website at www.singaporeairshow.com.sg for more details on how to purchase the car park labels and detailed driving directions. Alternatively, you may park at Singapore Expo and hop onto the shuttle bus service at Singapore Expo MRT Station at S$5 per trip.

got a notebook when i visited the site last Thursday. i am definitely happy to help the organisers promote the event by sharing the info inside. :)

2080120742_bdce003c9c.jpg

jamie-vai,

Roger, thanks. :thumbsup:

I see that the itinerary is also available in the brochure, could you post it up here.

sure, no problem. here are other information.

2080183790_bf570cab47.jpg

2080180254_94826a94ee.jpg

2080187814_0b663b20dd.jpg

edit:cannot see the second image properly. i should get myself a scanner soon.

basically the following events are also happening.

17 Feb
Singapore Airshow Aviation Leadership Summit Opening Dinner @ Swissotel The Stamford
Global Air Power Conference Welcome Reception @ The Fullerton Hotel

18 Feb
Global Air Power Conference (GAPC) @ Suntec Singapore
Singapore Airshow Industry Welcome Reception @ The Singapore Flyer
Singapore Airshow Aviation Leadership Summit @ Swissotel The Stamford
ATW Airline Industry Achievement Awards @ Swissotel The Stamford
International Defence Procurement Conference (IDPC) @ Suntec Singapore
C41 Asia Conference @ Suntec Singapore
Media Day @ Changi Exhibition Centre

19 Feb (Trade Days only)
Singapore Airshow 2008 Opening Ceremony @ Changi Exhibition Centre
Welcome Lunch @ Changi Exhibition Centre

20 Feb (Trade Days only)
Golf Tournament NSRCC

21-22 Feb
Trade Days only

23-24 Feb
Public Days

Jamie-vai,

Thanks for the up to speed information about the Singapore Airshow 2008.:thumbsup:

Cheers.

Hi, is there any restriction on the camera gear we are bringing in?
As far as I remember in previous events there were restriction on 300mm and above lenses.
I dont want to risk my gears by keeping it with the organizer's booth.

I will be going as Trade. My company is a French aviation company.
Heard of the event from my engineering colleague, never been there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.