Singapore a Great Nation....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappy

May 30, 2004
Many 'Ang Moh' including their leaders like to say'... Use to hear them over BBC..

'I love my country. It is a great nation...'

Do you ever hear this by a Singaporean. Our leaders also do not do it....

Are we a GREAT NATION?

i love my country

it is a great nation

there, now you've heard it from me

i love my country

it is a great nation

there, now you've heard it from me

I like to say that too..

I LOVE MY NATION.. IT IS A GREAT COUNTRY!

I like to say that too..

I LOVE MY NATION.. IT IS A GREAT COUNTRY!

i'd also like to say that its own people tend to give it a harder time than most other people;

and sometimes people will never appreciate what they've got until they lose it. but that's me, i can live with the compromises, not everyone can.

i'd also like to say that its own people tend to give it a harder time than most other people;

and sometimes people will never appreciate what they've got until they lose it. but that's me, i can live with the compromises, not everyone can.

One must remember and appreciate what had been done and what is being done. Many unpoluar desisions were made and will also be made but at the end of the day, the people benefited.

My Singapore... a great nation to complain just about everything under one roof. LOL!

You try living in another country for a couple of years... and you'll know. ;)

which country? and why a comparison with another ctry? Isnt this a discussion of the unpopular decisions made by our leaders that benefited the people?

Yes, Sg is a better place to live in than many other country. But is Sg a better place to live in because of the 21% increase in in electricity (SP made S$1billion last yr), increase in publin transport cost (SMRT had record profits), increase in news paper (iirc also record profit for SPH), job cuts after making over $300m in profit in a quarter?

SP f.intance, as the sole provider of electricity has totally forgone its social responsibility to ensure another $1 billion profit this yr?

which country? and why a comparison with another ctry? Isnt this a discussion of the unpopular decisions made by our leaders that benefited the people?

Yes, Sg is a better place to live in than many other country. But is Sg a better place to live in because of the 21% increase in in electricity (SP made S$1billion last yr), increase in publin transport cost (SMRT had record profits), increase in news paper (iirc also record profit for SPH), job cuts after making over $300m in profit in a quarter?

SP f.intance, as the sole provider of electricity has totally forgone its social responsibility to ensure another $1 billion profit this yr?

Cuz.. Great is relative mah.

Also we must know we cannot be Great in everything... so what do you think we are Great? Even our poor earns S$1800 a month...isn't it Great!?! :eek:

our dear leaders see no need to blow own trumpet, there is a good reason not to.
:cool:

Trumpets will be swamped by the choirs. :bigeyes::bsmilie:

ya loh, great nations do not need to make noise to get attention wan. :lovegrin:

those in-charge work hard at maintaining the standands, not give names cards (with the word "Great") at ****&tail parties. :bsmilie:

U are right.

My logic is simple. if you don't like the place. Find one that suit you. Why be miserable?

our dear leaders see no need to blow own trumpet, there is a good reason not to.
:cool:

This is our mindset. It not about blowing trumpet. If you proud, say it out. Why shy about it.

Let other make noise. Make your stand clear to them.

Trumpets will be swamped by the choirs. :bigeyes::bsmilie:

It is not about trumpet and choirs. It is about being proud. Say it out!

Make your stand clear!

Are you shy telling your mother, gf or bf, son and daughter "I love you?"

It is not about trumpet and choirs. It is about being proud. Say it out!

Make your stand clear!

Are you shy telling your mother, gf or bf, son and daughter "I love you?"

We might not have said it verbally... but we sure have acted like it in our behavior.

Also, we may not proclaim that we are great...but we have always been "advertising" that we are the best... ain't it in the same line of thoughts?

We might not have said it verbally... but we sure have acted like it in our behavior.

Also, we may not proclaim that we are great...but we have always been "advertising" that we are the best... ain't it in the same line of thoughts?

I also agreed with you. We have many bests!

I also respect individual act of appreciation and concern.

But please correct me if I am wrong, we are generally shy. We feel unconfortable when we say it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.