Singapore 3rd Richest Country in the World by Annual Income!

Wah got so high ah ... They say Singaporean or got add expat

Is this a joke thread? :dunno:

Singapore is the 3rd richest country in the world in 2015. Average annual income per person: USD84,821 !!

http://www.msn.com/en-sg/money/tops...oorest-countries-revealed/ss-BBmOrH9#image=29

It looks like they copied the concept from a 2012 Forbes feature. It was 'repackaged' poorly cos I would like to know how GDP per capita/PPP translates to "Average annual income per person"?? Basic knowledge fail? What it does translate to is a clickbait headline I suppose, haha!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bethgreenfield/2012/02/22/the-worlds-richest-countries/

Wah got so high ah ... They say Singaporean or got add expat

It's GDP per capita, not average income. Totally different things leh.

To me, it's as useful as saying SingTel's average annual income per staff is $750,000 (total revenue divided by number of staff).

Last edited:
Please enjoy your status as a citizen of world's 3rd richest nation.

I bet your house has Rolaxes, Leicas, Hermes and Louis Vitton handbags and an Audi in your garage? :)

Sometimes it is good to feel great that you are rubbing shoulders with the world's 3rd richest nation's people. Then when you wake up from your dream, you realise 'Rolaxes, Leicas, Hermes and Louis Vitton handbags and an Audi in your garage' not there as promised by Sion.

Maybe we have just too many FT that we cannot differentiate the world 3rd richest group from the real citizens.

Could be true.
The Average could hv been pulled up by the 3 to 4 millions some gov officials used to get.

It is like the minister owns a Leica and I think everyone here owns Leica. Example only lah :bsmilie:

It is like the minister owns a Leica and I think everyone here owns Leica.

By your example there are many MPs having Kate Spade handbags?

tpl-kate-spade.jpg

The number is based on gdp per capita most prob... Which is not a gauge of salary.