Singapore 2010 Formula 1

how much is early bird ticket ah? and how much more after 1st may ?

btw, can I just buy Friday walkabout ticket? or have to buy for all 3 days ?

thanks

cool!! do keep us posted once Single-day Zone 4 is avail ;)

Just bought the premier walkabout tickets. Erm should I rent a 70-300 f/2.8 on that day ?

Just bought the premier walkabout tickets. Erm should I rent a 70-300 f/2.8 on that day ?
this question really depends on you....bcos if u tink it is worth it u will need it.
People's need and liking differs though, it can be an advise from people.
BTW, is there a 70-300 f2.8 lens? should be 200mm on the end right?

Sorry..pls allow me to chip in ...bro,pm me if u wana transfer Friday ticket..thks..:)

I had grandstand + walkabout last year, got a total of 0 nice pics because of the tall fence surrounding the ENTIRE track :angry:

You can't get within 3 metres of the fence, nor do I know of any place that you can shot over the fence or without it.

this question really depends on you....bcos if u tink it is worth it u will need it.
People's need and liking differs though, it can be an advise from people.
BTW, is there a 70-300 f2.8 lens? should be 200mm on the end right?

Sigma does carry a 70-300 F2.8 lens in its range - only problem though is its lack of OS

Sigma does carry a 70-300 F2.8 lens in its range - only problem though is its lack of OS

Really? I must have missed out alot...
I know there is a 120-300mm f2.8 or 300mm f2.8. But for a 70-300mm f2.8???
Anyway happy snapping! :bsmilie:

I had grandstand + walkabout last year, got a total of 0 nice pics because of the tall fence surrounding the ENTIRE track :angry:

You can't get within 3 metres of the fence, nor do I know of any place that you can shot over the fence or without it.

You can always shoot through the fence......@F2.0

here's the view from my seat last year
3957764408_5bc25a202b.jpg

and here's a shoot through the fence from my seat.
3958143232_72e87ec23f.jpg

taken with 5D2 w/ 70-200 2.8 + 2x.

well, goin to a F1 race is to enjoy the atmosphere... photo taking is 2nd.. hee ;)

Juz share a pic taken behind the fence..
29496_390375841028_627011028_4173625_2952198_n.jpg

I sat at Turn 2 Grandstand during 2008, Great! Cars brake and turn, enough time for me to take some so-so shots.

2009, kinda budget, so bought the bay grandstand. Kinda sucks cos I can't enter other zones to watch performances. From the grandstand, basically it's worse than turn 2 cos all the cars are going straight direction.

2010, thought of getting the friday walkabout ticket only (cos exam is nearby), but heard the Friday tickets haven't came yet. So last week, dad surprised me with a Premier Walkabout tickets.

Cos I've used SLR (film) for around 3 months, and DSLR for around 2 weeks only, I don't have a wide knowledge on lens. So can anyone recommend me whether should I rent or buy ?, erm 70-300 or 55-250 ?.

Sorry..pls allow me to chip in ...bro,pm me if u wana transfer Friday ticket..thks..:)

Oh, sorry mate, I'll be watching on Friday session, Sat and Sun will be my parents watching

waiting for 1 day premier walkabout tickets. :D

Last edited:
I sat at Turn 2 Grandstand during 2008, Great! Cars brake and turn, enough time for me to take some so-so shots.

2009, kinda budget, so bought the bay grandstand. Kinda sucks cos I can't enter other zones to watch performances. From the grandstand, basically it's worse than turn 2 cos all the cars are going straight direction.

2010, thought of getting the friday walkabout ticket only (cos exam is nearby), but heard the Friday tickets haven't came yet. So last week, dad surprised me with a Premier Walkabout tickets.

Cos I've used SLR (film) for around 3 months, and DSLR for around 2 weeks only, I don't have a wide knowledge on lens. So can anyone recommend me whether should I rent or buy ?, erm 70-300 or 55-250 ?.

Rent a long lens with wide aperture....eg. 400F2.8 300F2.8 or 200F2