Sincere help needed please...need to choose best compact camera

Raptor2k7

Jul 8, 2010
Hi all, i am selecting the best compact camera under $700, i am keen on the nikon p310, by i am wondering if there are any other better cameras out there which can rival the p310? Except the Xz1,s100 and lx5

I will be buying the camera soon...cheers

Thank you very very much

I want a camera that can:
1. Good Anti-shake
2. Fast for point and shoot
3. special effects mode (fish-eye, miniature, and etc)
4. Good details, can shoot with no loss of details
5. good picture color
6. Smaller & lighter then dslr

Last edited:
S100 gets my vote.

the best camera is the one with you. there's no point in getting a camera that's awesome but your skill sucks.

so if you're looking at the Nikon P310, go for it.

Sharpness is also important too, i hope to get a s100 similar camera but with faster and more accurate af

the best camera is the one with you. there's no point in getting a camera that's awesome but your skill sucks.

so if you're looking at the Nikon P310, go for it.

Actually i like the p310 because of the functionality...but iq wise im abit scared..

Thanks bros at cs for replies, need your feedback please :)

Raptor2k7 said:
Sharpness is also important too, i hope to get a s100 similar camera but with faster and more accurate af

How about the Canon G12? Bigger than the S100 but still smaller than a DSLR.

What camera models have you shortlisted? Then just read the reviews. Or read the regular compact camera roundups on DPReview.

Please learn to do your own research first.

I like the S100. the battery life is so much better than the G series too. so the multi-shot function can be switched on permanently. :bsmilie:

I vote for the s100 too

I will recommend S100. :)

I will increase my budget and get a S100.. or the RX100 from Sony

S100 autofocus too slow cannot take random and natural photos

Canon S100 has my vote. Every cam has a certain limitation to each needs, just need to learn to overcome it. Gd to train your brain at times...

Stretch your budget and get a Canon G1X. It is one of the best PnS camera.