[simplicity_] A Photo A Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplicity_

Jul 20, 2004
CCK
My first ever at keeping continously to photography. So jia you! - to myself lah. ;p
Please feel free to critique and correct my techniques/composition/lighting/etc because i am still learning from people and trial&error. Cheers!

Triple choc melt or something liddat

DSC_36730016.jpg

simplicity! welcome to PAD/PAW! :D

foxtwo said:

yo fox....sam is already in!! time for u to join in as well! ;p

zaren said:
yo fox....sam is already in!! time for u to join in as well! ;p

cannot lah, i tot about it. but darn film-unfriendly, though i have an idea in mind. i'll see how it pans out. :) meanwhile i'll just suck up ideas from u all. tee hee

foxtwo said:
cannot lah, i tot about it. but darn film-unfriendly, though i have an idea in mind. i'll see how it pans out. :) meanwhile i'll just suck up ideas from u all. tee hee

basket....ur the one who is supposed to be giving us ideas!

zaren said:
basket....ur the one who is supposed to be giving us ideas!

hello~! u r the one with the fantastic photos ok!

oops. OT in sam's thread. :p

I like the shot... just a little niggling issue... white balance... if it's taken in your house under fluorescent lighting, a setting of 3000-3200K is ideal.

philliptan said:
I like the shot... just a little niggling issue... white balance... if it's taken in your house under fluorescent lighting, a setting of 3000-3200K is ideal.
its taken at Takashimaya and its orangey sort of lighting (i think). Im still learning about white balance so er what exactly is 3000-3200K? rather, what does it mean?

simplicity_ said:
its taken at Takashimaya and its orangey sort of lighting (i think). Im still learning about white balance so er what exactly is 3000-3200K? rather, what does it mean?

K for kelvin, the unit of measurement of the light spectrum through colour temperature, red->blue.

When objects (eg. iron bar) are raised to high temperatures they emit light, starting with a dull red (when they are 'red hot') and shifting towards blue as the temperature increases. An ordinary domestic light bulb may emit light with the same spectral distribution as an object at 2800K, tungsten studio lighting as 3200K and normal sunny daylight as around 6000K.

Gotta twist ur mind around this, very confusing i know :p , just refer to that heating iron bar ontop.
warm bodies (candle) - cold colour (1000K) &
cold bodies (hazy sky) - warm colour (8000K)

Temperature Typical Sources
1000K Candles; oil lamps
2000K Very early sunrise; low effect tungsten lamps
2500K Household light bulbs
3000K Studio lights, photo floods
4000K Clear flashbulbs
5000K Typical daylight; electronic flash
5500K The sun at noon near Kodak's offices :)
6000K Bright sunshine with clear sky
7000K Slightly overcast sky
8000K Hazy sky
9000K Open shade on clear day
10,000K Heavily overcast sky
11,000K Sunless blue skies
20,000+K Open shade in mountains on a really clear day

digital wb, for daylight shots set 5000K-5500K and in tungsten (orangy) light 3200K-3200K.

when u shoot in tungsten lighting with daylight settings, because there isn't enough blue to counter the red, u get orangy images. And if u shoot in daylight with hazy sky settings, u get blueish images.

ps. wikipedia explains it pretty well too
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature

simplicity_ said:
My first ever at keeping continously to photography. So jia you! - to myself lah. ;p
Please feel free to critique and correct my techniques/composition/lighting/etc because i am still learning from people and trial&error. Cheers!

welcome to PAD .... same feeling here, kind of stressful ha. Not only must keep to posting regularly, must be of must be of high quality too!

Now I must go find some ice cream ;p

Cheers!

foxtwo said:
K for kelvin, the unit of measurement of the light spectrum through colour temperature, red->blue.

When objects (eg. iron bar) are raised to high temperatures they emit light, starting with a dull red (when they are 'red hot') and shifting towards blue as the temperature increases. An ordinary domestic light bulb may emit light with the same spectral distribution as an object at 2800K, tungsten studio lighting as 3200K and normal sunny daylight as around 6000K.

Gotta twist ur mind around this, very confusing i know :p , just refer to that heating iron bar ontop.
warm bodies (candle) - cold colour (1000K) &
cold bodies (hazy sky) - warm colour (8000K)

Temperature Typical Sources
1000K Candles; oil lamps
2000K Very early sunrise; low effect tungsten lamps
2500K Household light bulbs
3000K Studio lights, photo floods
4000K Clear flashbulbs
5000K Typical daylight; electronic flash
5500K The sun at noon near Kodak's offices :)
6000K Bright sunshine with clear sky
7000K Slightly overcast sky
8000K Hazy sky
9000K Open shade on clear day
10,000K Heavily overcast sky
11,000K Sunless blue skies
20,000+K Open shade in mountains on a really clear day

digital wb, for daylight shots set 5000K-5500K and in tungsten (orangy) light 3200K-3200K.

when u shoot in tungsten lighting with daylight settings, because there isn't enough blue to counter the red, u get orangy images. And if u shoot in daylight with hazy sky settings, u get blueish images.

ps. wikipedia explains it pretty well too
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature
hahaha a photog student is a photog student man... thanks! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.