simple table top product studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijnek

Feb 4, 2008
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
i intend to setup a simple table top product studio...
it's mostly for personal usage...

can i use the light bulbs available on the market for lightning ?

light bulbs from osram, philips etc...possible?

I believe you mean lighting and not lightning.

Yes, normal light bulbs can be used to lit up your subject. There are many bros who use light tents (DIY or bought commercially) with normal lights for product shoots.

Get a table lamp with base and a swivelling head with lamp shade, put on an led light and you're ready to go. Tape a piece of tracing paper over the lamp shade for diffusing. But preferrable to get at least two light stand from CP.

LED bulb?
where can i get those?
from DIY shop?

thanx for the correction, lighting, not lightning...hehehe

btw...is there any specific bulbs i should get?
i know there r the colour temp which they rate as cool daylight etc etc...which should i b looking at?

also,...how much is the LED bulbs?

LED light or the energy saving bulb also can be used, however, their usage will be restricted to a darken room, or shoot at night. Personally, I'd prefers LED.
Basically, no worry with the white balance, as most cameras comes with five to six type of white balancing. if not, do all the correction in the photo editing software.

Your room might not get enough light even in daytime, but if you can do it in a room use a tripod instead.

what will happen if i shoot in a room during daytime?

This question is too general. There has been good still life ( table top set up ) shoot by using available room light, however, they must satisfy a few required condition...

The set up is next to a large window.
The light from the window is none filtered or is being reflected from some other source ( coz this will affect the quality of light ).
The orientation of the window, the colour of the walls of this room, the weather/ time of the day.

The main secret of product / still life shoot is...you take control of the light, and not otherwise.
That's why the phrase...camera, lights, and action.

Maybe you can look around in IKEA, Tampines or Alexandra, in the electrical dept. Good Luck.

will do so.
thx...

if i get light bulb with wamer temp, can i assume i will not get the green hue?

During the film age, careful and preise usage of balancing and or colour correction filters to correct colour temperature with the films use against the light source are a very tricky stuff to learn and understand, but with the arrival of digital, accompany by photo editing software, these errors or fault are now can be easily corrected, so have no fear,... just do it.

So, if you do encounter any problem with your image, do post it here, and there will be many ready experienced, friendly and helpful ClubSNAPPERs to give you useful advice and guidance, some may go the extra miles to correct it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.