sime tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

airforce1

Aug 18, 2003
after one month of absence, here is the photo on sime track recce. need help to ID butt.

1b.jpg

2y.jpg

up3.jpg

err.. where's this place u were saying?? :think:

DX.

Nice decent shots there, Abdul.

I believe you've got some bluebottle, blue jay and grass yellow/choc yellow.
You may want to check Papilio's Website on the Butt ID. ;)

Wow great pics airforce1. :thumbsup:

The first and third pictures are of butts which are usually very hard to catch, as they never stop moving! What's your secret technique? :bsmilie: How far away were you from them? Cropped image or full size?

Well done for the first and third pic. :thumbsup:
I haven't had any luck with them yet. :(

Hello
destiny star you can search sime track there's alot thread on this. It is the north tracks of MacRitchie reservoir, starts from Sime Road End near the golf course until Ranger stations.

sgt.pepper thanks for the id. where you going tomorrow??

mr jason and macross-- only the yellow butt are crop ,the rest as it is. Yes, I agreed with you it is not easy to photo blue bottle and blue jay. The photo was taken at 12pm -1pm the sun was hot but I spotted this blue bottle stop and drinks and pee at the same time. I was three feet away squatting. It was a great experience photographing this butt, it move around within one feet radius. Later others passingby butt join in. That was how I took the photos. Hope this help.

Abdul

Well done for the first pic ... not easy to get him i suppose :)

airforce1 said:
The photo was taken at 12pm -1pm the sun was hot but I spotted this blue bottle stop and drinks and pee at the same time. I was three feet away squatting. It was a great experience photographing this butt, it move around within one feet radius. Later others passingby butt join in. That was how I took the photos. Hope this help.

The Blue Bottle stopped to drink pee or drink and pee? How'd you see this guy peeing?? :what:

Whenever I saw this guy he just flying like a mad man all over the place, fast and erratic. Looks like you got a good timing to catch them.

mr_jason said:
The Blue Bottle stopped to drink pee or drink and pee? How'd you see this guy peeing?? :what:

Whenever I saw this guy he just flying like a mad man all over the place, fast and erratic. Looks like you got a good timing to catch them.

That's what a puddling butt does - as it sucks up fluids, it squirts out the waste products from the other end at the same time. Quite interesting to look at them do that. You'll need a bit of patience to get close to them, and once they're used to your presence, they'll go about doing their own thing. :)

First shot is outstanding. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Abdul, excellent shot of the Blue Bottle in the first pic, as the rest had commented, its not easy to catch this fella standing still as it is a fast and erratic flyer which seldom pauses for rest. ;) Good catch there. :thumbsup:

Here is the picture of butt squirts. Just like Papilio confirm. Hope this help? Sometimes frustrated, I pray fast flying butt to keep their cools, this one really keep cool and touchdown.

Garion , Falcon ,Evc Thanks for the compliment.

buttsquirt.jpg

I might have a dumb question.

Aren't butterflies suppose to stay on the flower? why i saw butt in AH or SIme on the ground one :S

Nice shots airforce1 :thumbsup:

sometimes butts need to drinks, like fruits seed on the forest floor or sweat on hand and camera bags. For flowers butts identify by infrared lights on the flowers but sands maybe they like pudding smell.

can the experts comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.