Sillica gel; thirsty hippo; dry boxes; dehumidifier lamp in a cupboard which one?

Silica Gel; Thirsty Hippo; DryCabinet, Which ONE??

Results are only viewable after voting.

e58d478275a2485dbeb399e5c4858f9a.jpg

Anyone knows any retail stores in Funan sell this drybox? My house have no space for dry cabinet!:embrass:

Thanks! :)

i just saw this today at funan challenger

Great! :O did you see the price too?

haha DYI and keep it tupperware with silica or hungry hippo enough la!

I'm a bit confused about digicabs. One series(eg db-036) states 'digital hygrometer', another series(eg dhc-040) states 'digital humidity controller' on the specs. Wats the diff? Does that mean that db-036 series only have preset RH values by manufacturer?

One more qn. Anyone recently bought analog hygrometer from anywhere and how much?
I can't find it in a few DIY stores wor... Thanks

I'm a bit confused about digicabs. One series(eg db-036) states 'digital hygrometer', another series(eg dhc-040) states 'digital humidity controller' on the specs. Wats the diff? Does that mean that db-036 series only have preset RH values by manufacturer?

One more qn. Anyone recently bought analog hygrometer from anywhere and how much?
I can't find it in a few DIY stores wor... Thanks

I'm not very pro in this but I will try to answer you with my little knowledge about dry cabinet.

Digital hygrometer is basically a meter showing you the %RH of dry cabinet only, meaning to this. You have to set your RH knob to your preferred %, I tuned my settings to between 12pm to 1pm. This seems to be a hassle but it wouldn't be anymore during the later part, it will always stay at a preferable % liao. (After 2 weeks of adjustment)

Digital humidity controller is, you set it at 45% it will try to maintain around or equal 45%

Correct me if i'm wrong, bro... =x

Last edited:
Hmmm yeah I tot that it makes no sense for an expensive DC to show just the RH with no adjustment capability. =P

but from your explanation it sound like the cheaper series are using analog dial control and the latter one using digital value setup(I guess more acurate eh?)

Hmmm yeah I tot that it makes no sense for an expensive DC to show just the RH with no adjustment capability. =P

but from your explanation it sound like the cheaper series are using analog dial control and the latter one using digital value setup(I guess more acurate eh?)

Yah, but i feel that if you are on tight budget, can get the digi-cabi one good enough. Disadvantages for this, you may need to adjust the RH% sometimes. But when the RH goes below 45%... just open the door for 5 seconds and close la, then it will go back to my preferred RH at 45% :bsmilie:

where to buy silicon gel??

where to buy silicon gel??

If i'm not wrong, i saw them at funan challenger, i also saw at parkway parade's Fujifilm selling one bottle of silicon gel too.

If i'm not wrong, i saw them at funan challenger, i also saw at parkway parade's Fujifilm selling one bottle of silicon gel too.

Thanks

I'm not very pro in this but I will try to answer you with my little knowledge about dry cabinet.

Digital hygrometer is basically a meter showing you the %RH of dry cabinet only, meaning to this. You have to set your RH knob to your preferred %, I tuned my settings to between 12pm to 1pm. This seems to be a hassle but it wouldn't be anymore during the later part, it will always stay at a preferable % liao. (After 2 weeks of adjustment)

Digital humidity controller is, you set it at 45% it will try to maintain around or equal 45%

Correct me if i'm wrong, bro... =x

Two types of dry cabinet: Digital and Analogue. Digital means the settings are set via a digital controller which will attempt to ensure the dry cabinet stay within 5-10% within that value you set. Analogue means the settings are set via a mechanical knob. It will take a longer time to reach the desired value since there is no feedback mechanism. The recommended is to set it between 12-1pm direction. But that recommendation is not a hard and fast rule as it is due to accuracy of the knob during manufacture.

45% humidity is a recommended value in Singapore. In Europe or US or Australia, we don't use dry cabinet because the ambient RH value is 30-40%. Hope that helps. :cool:

funan challenger sell it for S$8.90 a 500ml bottle, i've heard some people can get as cheap as S$5 for the same stuff but i dun know where they get it though

Mustafa selling at $5/bot.
B2 electronics storey at one camera corner section.

MS color selling $4 for gel...

mmm i heard will cause cancer for the blue ones, is it really that dangerous to reheat in microwave?

mmm i heard will cause cancer for the blue ones, is it really that dangerous to reheat in microwave?

if you scared explode or cancer, use hair dryer n slowly blow dry them. thats what i heard my friend is doing coz he simply got too much time and no microwave

If anyone is interested in the DB-036, i suggest you buy a bigger one. Yes, the cabinet is capable of holding up to around 5 cameras with one lens per camera BUT i would just invest in a bigger model if I were you. The 036 dosent allow much expansion of your camera system especially for people like me who like to keep everything in including my flashes in the dry cabinet. =D Just buy a big one!

aiya nowadays everything cause cancer, fastfood, instant noodle, styrofoam, cigarette, etc2 but it doesn't stop people from using it everyday like, compare to silica gel that u change every once or twice a week while keeping it in an airtight box, u count the probability of u getting cancer from it and the other stuff i mention above, and beside i haven't see any forumer create a thread "i'm diagnosed cancer cos of my dry box silica gel" lol :bsmilie: