Silica packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

viceroy666

Jul 22, 2004
Just need a quick answer. Do our local foto shops sell those silica pack. Those small packets that some will throw into bag to get rid of humidity and prevent mould. I do know that they sell them in large container but i am looking for small packs.

Thanks in advance

You can get them at Diaso IMM or Vivo city, only S$2.00

Just need a quick answer. Do our local foto shops sell those silica pack. Those small packets that some will throw into bag to get rid of humidity and prevent mould. I do know that they sell them in large container but i am looking for small packs.

Thanks in advance

Before i had my dry cabinet, i used to make a small packet cut out from sandwich bags and fill it half with silica gel bought as the regular $3 container and sealed with tape. After a while i just throw the used ones inside and refill into the small packet. It's a lot cheaper this way.

Try this -

Head over to Daiso and buy those empty Teabags,
buy a large container full of silica gel at your local developing store.

Fill them up and they should work just the same! ;p

Buy thristy hippo if you're using dry box.

u say, "throw into bag". not sure what's ur intention with the silica gel but throwing it into the camera bag wun do anything for ur camera, unless ur camera bag is ziplock bag.

speaking of which, if u dun need too many, i;d use small plastic ziplock bags (whatever size u need) and poke holes with needles. u can actually reuse the bags and the silica gel very easily. so u buy the gel and ziplock bags separately, should cost under $5 bux

It is actually not for my camera. My cam got the dry cabinet. It is for my speaker which i have stored in its original box since I have no place for them currently. Do not want the humidity to damage the driver or wood finishing. So throw some silica and hopefully prevent that.

Do what I do...

Buy a bottle of Silica Gel for any good photo store... costs around $3.50

Get a old sock and pour some in.

Needless to say - don't get a sock with toe-holes in it :bsmilie:

Tie a knot to close the sock.

You now have a durable "bean-bag" of silica gel that will not spill out cos the knot in the sock is a very secure way of keeping all those tiny silica beads in! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.