Silica Gel

Status
Not open for further replies.
are there any shops in AML Central or TPY Central selling silica gel?

Thanks~!

I've found that the NTUC housebrand dehumidifier works wonders. 3 containers for $2.95 - use until siao. The hygrometer shows around 60% which I'm quite happy with. :D

Get an electronic dry cabinet.
Works better for long-term use.

some of the neighbourhood photo printing shops might carry them in big containers. I got one tub from my neighbourhood kodak shop. It might not be the best price but they ain't too expensive anyway

ryan

are there any shops in AML Central or TPY Central selling silica gel?

Thanks~!

Try NTUC at AMK Hub. It's at the electircal section. There is a low level shelf that has computer stuff like CDs, or even lens cleaner. Look at the bottom most shelf. They also sell dry box.

They only have the blue Silica Gel and it comes in a bottle for a couple of dollars.

Try NTUC at AMK Hub. It's at the electircal section. There is a low level shelf that has computer stuff like CDs, or even lens cleaner. Look at the bottom most shelf. They also sell dry box.

They only have the blue Silica Gel and it comes in a bottle for a couple of dollars.

ok, thanks, will look uot for it tonight~!

go any diy shop also have

hmm... @ AMK or TPY?

Any NTUC should carry them. I've got mine at Rochor but quite sure it's widely available. Found that it was more effective than the silica gel i bought with the drybox. The humidity was around 70-ish but pop the container in, wait overnight and zooop down to 60% :D

Actually, it's slightly above 50% - just remember not to keep your camera bags/straps if soaked with perspiration in the same box. Apart from that I find it more effective than silica gel. Although, would definitely get a dry cab in future. What to do, just make do for now. The cheapest dry is about $180 (checked Allan Photo). Would rather save the money for accessories, film, and developing. I'm not a very good example of a person who takes GREAT tender loving care of his cameras. LOL ;)

Last edited:
For the 10,000,3145,25600th time. Blue silica gel can be purchased at photo developer shops. The kind of shops that take your film or digital image and print them in 4R or 4R photo.

For the 10,000,3145,25600th time. Blue silica gel can be purchased at photo developer shops. The kind of shops that take your film or digital image and print them in 4R or 4R photo.

Relax bro, dun pull your hair out :cool:

I've found that the NTUC housebrand dehumidifier works wonders. 3 containers for $2.95 - use until siao. The hygrometer shows around 60% which I'm quite happy with. :D

shouldn't it be lower like the 4x range :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.