Silica Gel on Dry Cab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artosoft

Aug 31, 2005
Tanjong Katong
Hi all,

Do you keep Silica Gel on Dry Cab (in case of power failure)? If yes, how much?

Thanks!
Arto.

Don't think there is a need. Keep the door closed will do.

Since I started using dry cabinet 4 years ago, I don't have any need for silica gel. Unless I am travelling overseas.... Singapore's power supply is pretty reliable. The only time I had a power trip was when i went overseas, and I had all my gear with me.

Anyway, The dry cabinet is meant to keep the humidity at the suitable level, so having silica gel inside will not really help and may even tamper with the level.

ya dehumidifier, once it hits the desired humidity, often switches itself off anyway wat.... so wats the difference....its only when there's a sudden change in humidity then it will start to work again...

so yup its true...keeping the door closed will do...if its juz for a short time of say a few days ahahha

cheers..

harmful to put silica gel in dry cabi, no need to

im too cheap to buy dry carbinates, i juz put thirsty hippo in my bag(the slim pack)

roti_prata said:
im too cheap to buy dry carbinates, i juz put thirsty hippo in my bag(the slim pack)
At the end of the days, you can count how many thirsty hippo (and how much dollar you already spend) you are open compared if you buy dry cab :D .

Regards,
Arto.

roti_prata said:
Muah... dry boxes are so cheap nowadays, just get one... Dry boxes used to cost $500 for a 25L, now it's less than $99.

Status
Not open for further replies.