I brought it to my school science lab assistant. She said that we should not use items for cooking food to warm up the silica gel nor use microwave oven. Can anyone confirm this? Is silica gel poisonous? What is it made up of? :dunno:
Instead, she helped me to dry a bottle in the conventional oven they use to heat up chemicals. Took her constant stirring (once every 20 minutes or so) and it was heated continously for 5 hours. :sweat:
There is a pre-package silica gel on sale, think called water bottle. Surface is cloth like, have a snowman or something like that on the top which will change colour when the silica gel saturated with moisture. Instruction is to heat in microwave to turn it back to blue.