Silhoutte shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benchmarc

Apr 5, 2007
www.marcusli.com
I dont exactly have a title for this shot. Dont really think much abt titles before I snap;)
Anyway this was shot at Upp Pierce Res. I was actually shooting with my back facing the sun. But once I realised that with the sun facing me i could get shots like this, I thought why not try it?
Person in the photo is my friend, she was actually staring at something else while I setup the tripod. Without her knowing I snapped a few. That was my intention as I didnt want her to pose for it, make it seem more natural. The sun is actually 2 o'clock of the photo. Didnt point my cam directly at it.
Tv: 1/4000
Av: 3.5
ISO : 100
C&C welcomed... Thanks
ADO290407-044clubsnap.jpg

1) Something that is apparently immediately, especially since your frame is there is that the horizon is tilted. Looks more like distortion than anything else, correct it in PS! Might need some horizontal perspective correction too.

2) What is the purpose of taking the silhouette of your friend? Also, there seems to be indecision as to whether to take a silhouette or to show your friend, it is too dark to see anything, yet not dark enough such that I can't make up some details here and there, but they are still insufficient to be of any use.

Will leave it at this until I understand your purpose in 2). =) Otherwise, the clouds are really dramatic, would choose to emphasize them by having a larger f-stop.

Idea was to take her silhoutte... maybe gone wrong liao. Yeah i did try to straighten the horizon, looks like not enough.
I did include the clouds too, thought they looked good. Larger f sounds like a better idea.
Thanks night86mare for C&C

Idea was to take her silhoutte... maybe gone wrong liao. Yeah i did try to straighten the horizon, looks like not enough.
I did include the clouds too, thought they looked good. Larger f sounds like a better idea.
Thanks night86mare for C&C

No offense meant, I hope, but do you think the silhouette contributes positively to the picture?

Not that it has to, but to me, the person there just blocks the sky scene that I want to see more of. :dunno: Which is why I asked why you wished to include a silhouette. Hope you understand and not see this as incessant ribbing from my end. =)

No offense meant, I hope, but do you think the silhouette contributes positively to the picture?

Not that it has to, but to me, the person there just blocks the sky scene that I want to see more of. :dunno: Which is why I asked why you wished to include a silhouette. Hope you understand and not see this as incessant ribbing from my end. =)

My main focus was actually the silhoutte. So happened clouds were good so I thought hey why not use it to complement the silhoutte? Yah la maybe the sky looks better, but i dare not tell my friend that!!
Anyway no offense taken at all, I'm really cool abt it. Dont criticise and pin point then how I learn?

idea is there. try moving back a little to capture a smaller silhoutte, to capture a better over feel. better yet, capture the side silhoutte view of the person's face.

Status
Not open for further replies.