Scene: At Chinese Garden

Take 1:
Caught a mini butterfly by a leave
P1010059.JPG

Take 2:
He seems to be aroused by my disturbance
P1010060.JPG

Take 3:
The dude finally lost his temper and show his unsatisfaction, maybe why I stare at him for so long :D
P1010061.JPG

Take 4:
Sort of settle down, holding ur arms up for too long can be tiring too :D
P1010062.JPG

Take 5:
That's the last straw, I think he's pointing his middle finger at me? :D
P1010063.JPG

Enjoy.... too bad my tripod was block by an obstacle or else I can go nearer....and besides I only got 20cm macro range :(

some of shots are blurred and the insects look small ...

time to get a tripod and a closeup filter .. :)

Hmm... the 1st 2 pics have different white balance then the last 3? And why is the topic call "Silence of the Lamp"?

Originally posted by megaweb
some of shots are blurred and the insects look small ...

time to get a tripod and a closeup filter .. :)

Hee yeah lor, cos I go too near, sacrifice a bit of the clarity :( Am already using a tripod.

Yeah u're right megaweb, I really need a closeup filter. Will it help a lot? I really like taking macros hee

The first 2 pics I've used one of the "Sunny" Whitebalance. For the last 3, I've use a white paper to set as reference just for experimentation :D

As for the topic, if u've seen the "Silence Of the Lamp" movie poster b4, there was a lady with the mouth cover by a butterfly :D

Originally posted by Blitz

Hee yeah lor, cos I go too near, sacrifice a bit of the clarity :( Am already using a tripod.

Yeah u're right megaweb, I really need a closeup filter. Will it help a lot? I really like taking macros hee

I see ... u can test ur dc with HOYA closeup filter at the shop 1st and see the effect ..
try 3X macro with +4 closeup filter to see the effect ...

like to take macro ? see when u r free to go to Botanic Gardens to take dragonfly ...

Originally posted by megaweb

I see ... u can test ur dc with HOYA closeup filter at the shop 1st and see the effect ..
try 3X macro with +4 closeup filter to see the effect ...

like to take macro ? see when u r free to go to Botanic Gardens to take dragonfly ...

I see, thanks. So +4 means roughly to how many CM nearer? Or do they mean magnify 4x bigger?

Sure :) I wanna take more nature macros other than my same old boring batteries and handphones haha :D

BTW are u going for tomorrow's SEED too?

Butterfly shots are best taken at the Butterfly park at Sentosa. They have huge trained butterflies that are will stay for you to take a shot. :p

Originally posted by Blitz

I see, thanks. So +4 means roughly to how many CM nearer? Or do they mean magnify 4x bigger?

Sure :) I wanna take more nature macros other than my same old boring batteries and handphones haha :D

BTW are u going for tomorrow's SEED too?

actually closeup lens allow ur dc to focus the object nearer .. I do not think it will have 4x magnification ...

Yes I am going there tomorrow .. see u there ..

Originally posted by Falcon
Butterfly shots are best taken at the Butterfly park at Sentosa. They have huge trained butterflies that are will stay for you to take a shot. :p

Can show us some butterfly shots ?

Sure, but might need some time because I don't have a webpage at the moment and the forum does not support uploading of images.

Originally posted by cheewee
No offence but I felt that the colours are a little washed out. Probably due to the lighting. Also, like megaweb has pointed out, the shots could be closer to the subject of interest.

Hee no prob cheewee, I'm new at this too :) I could really need more comments :)

For the "closeness", I will try to solve it hee

As for the colour, do u have any suggestion on how to improve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.