Signboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

-ReignOfComputer-

Deregistered
Mar 10, 2008
hi
Before I headed out to the forested parts of Pulau Ubin,I chanced upon this interesting sighting in the village.My emphasis in the picture was trying to show the texture of the sign.
How should I do PP on this picture is the problem.Monochrome didn't look to great so would like to know what I should do.C&C gladly accepted.Thanks
2491393347_122d3280b2.jpg

Before I headed out to the forested parts of Pulau Ubin,I chanced upon this interesting sighting in the village.My emphasis in the picture was trying to show the texture of the sign.
How should I do PP on this picture is the problem.Monochrome didn't look to great so would like to know what I should do.C&C gladly accepted.Thanks

hmmm i guess the texture of the signboard didn't caught my eye. rather, the word did.

pic doesn't really work well for me. nice DOF though

the background sky is washed out, thus distracting.

if you want to capture the texture.. then capture ONLY the texture.. the sky added nothing to the picture.. besides being a blown highlight and therefore extremely distracting.. it's also seems compositionally unsound to include it..

as for PP.. i dun do much PP myself.. but maybe boosting contrast (of the signboard) to something more extreme will bring out the texture more? *dunno*..

if you want to capture the texture.. then capture ONLY the texture.. the sky added nothing to the picture.. besides being a blown highlight and therefore extremely distracting.. it's also seems compositionally unsound to include it..

as for PP.. i dun do much PP myself.. but maybe boosting contrast (of the signboard) to something more extreme will bring out the texture more? *dunno*..

well, sadly the text is right smack in the middle of the signboard so i don't think TS is able to just capture the texture. hmmm.

Looks like this pic cannot be saved...Fortunately got alot better photos on pulau ubin than this one.

I am no pro here but i took the liberty to do some PP to bring out the details in the pic less the blown skies.

Before:

After:
2491393347_122d3280b21.jpg

However, I think this pic is not so good in terms of composition and a bit too flat. It does not really lead the viewer to think much and this pic also do not convey much info. No worries bro, keep shooting and try different approaches and angles. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.