Signatures on photos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

harper

Mar 13, 2005
lost in translation
well... was just curious of how you guys the put your signatures on your photos?...

was browsing some of the pictures taken and find some of the signatures "spoiling" the original image...

any tips on how signatures / watermark should be put on the photos?...

For some professionals they're meant to 'spoil' the public copy for very obvious reasons.
Staking claim on other people's work may not sound serious in free forums like this, but when money's involved, there are many who will not hesitate to stoop to exteme lows

I wonder anyone will steal my blur blur ones..:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
if yes, i will be very happy..

But if they use yr blur ones to paste on people's door (owe money pay money type) how? LOL

For some professionals they're meant to 'spoil' the public copy for very obvious reasons.
Staking claim on other people's work may not sound serious in free forums like this, but when money's involved, there are many who will not hesitate to stoop to exteme lows

erm... but what if the signatures that are put is not to "spoil" the public copy but it just looks totally off at a corner of the pic? think it is just every one's own taste...

well there are 2 ways to do it... put it right on the photo... or create a border and put ur signature there.. it depends on what u want.. if u're really concerned about people using ur photos then u better put it on the photo itself... or if u'd like to share ur photos around esp with friends then better put on a border...

Like I mentioned, for professionals they 'spoil' the picture to prevent copyright issues. If they put it on a corner, others can simply crop away the corner and use the picture. Sure the pros can bring them to court to prove rights of ownership but this takes a lot of valuable time which they'd rather avoid.

If I wana share with my friends, I won't even bother with borders or watermarks. They are friends afterall, and if they stake claim to those pictures, then they're not your real friends are they. I'll treat those pictures as the price I had to pay to know the real person they are, very cheap price.

those who sell their photos would normally use a watermark to "spoil" the photo. usually placing it right above the subject, or centre of the photo. this way if someone tries to steal the photo, it couldn't be use as a good print for making money without permission.

those who share their photos on photography clubs usually put it at the side to prevent leeching or direct link to their photos (fake claiming that the photo was taken by an impostor, for example). usually the watermark is not placed in a "destructive" part of the photo.

I wonder anyone will steal my blur blur ones..:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
if yes, i will be very happy..
you can set your camera sharpening setting to high, or applied USM at at the post production,

btw, resize photos for posting in web, you need to applied sharpening after resize.

well... was just curious of how you guys the put your signatures on your photos?...

was browsing some of the pictures taken and find some of the signatures "spoiling" the original image...

any tips on how signatures / watermark should be put on the photos?...

read this

I guess its already enough protection when u resize from ur original 6-16MP file to a mere 640x480 or 600x400 image to put up online..

If the guys out there really wish to steal ur images, then watermark removing on PS can be easily done in less than 5min.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.