Signallers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koelsch

Jan 5, 2006
The Land of the Teddy Bear
anyone knows what does a signaller in stagmont camp along cck there do? and what's the vocation of a signaller like? please enlighten me thanks! :)

he signals lor...smoke signals:bsmilie:

more like radio man lah.

Koelsch said:
anyone knows what does a signaller in stagmont camp along cck there do? and what's the vocation of a signaller like? please enlighten me thanks! :)

in the modern day.. the term "signaller" is a bit of a misnomer.

yes.. your basic signaller is the one that will carry a manpack radio for the platoon or company commander. so you will need to know about your equipment, voice comms procedure, networks etc.

but it can also be much more than that. at division/ brigade levels, the amount and complexity of signalling impose different requirements..

and of course, there is also the intelligence gathering aspect of signalling

stagmont camp which unit ? got HQ Sig, school of signals, 2nd signal bn and various training branches ...

i know got line, VHF radio, trunk comms (UHF), sat comms, data comms (network and such) and other stuff that no one there will talk about...

my vocation is infocomm2.

jdredd : thanks for letting me know more about my vocation.

i'm going out for a chalet already! see ya guys.

stagmont is a chalet what.. songz man.. infocomm :thumbsup:lagi chalet

Infocomm2 should be basic signallers. Carry manpack (VHF/HF) set or rebro or landrover and line. You'll learn that the spaggetti D10 cables are very useful. :bsmilie: Its likely you'll be posted to a unit as a signaller. If lucky, you'll go to a brigade. Stagmont camp is chalet but you better pray hard the unit you posted to after graduating will be slack too.

For Div level, its trunk/sat comms. Should be infocomm1. Me Div Signaller. Going for overseas ICT this Nov. :confused:

Cross your fingers that you get posted to these places, heard they are very slack and relax...1/2/3/4/SIR, 1/3/ Guards, Cmondos, NDU, ....:devil:

Sjourn said:
Cross your fingers that you get posted to these places, heard they are very slack and relax...1/2/3/4/SIR, 1/3/ Guards, Cmondos, NDU, ....:devil:
Where's is 5/6 SIR? BTW I previously with 3 SIR in 1993. C Coy:D

oh man, signallers. the most siong n bz section during ani outfield exercise.
prep work: collect signal stores, check equipments, setting up vehicle sets, pack man packs.
outfield: run lines, lay dipole, squeezing into the small space of the truck comms, man comms, no rest nights. walk LONG distance with the 840 or 940.
post outfield: unpack everyting, clean signal sets, count stores, send signals.

that the life of units signallers. siong leh. this oni unit own exercise. ATEC come laggi siong.

So if posted to Stagmont Camp(HQ Sig, SOS, 1st Sig Bat) or Gombak Camp(2 Sig Bat) 4 2 yrs, rest and releax liao. Oni siong thing, standby during major events in SG (Eg: IMF, National Day, etc.)

match80 said:
oh man, signallers. the most siong n bz section during ani outfield exercise.
prep work: collect signal stores, check equipments, setting up vehicle sets, pack man packs.
outfield: run lines, lay dipole, squeezing into the small space of the truck comms, man comms, no rest nights. walk LONG distance with the 840 or 940.
post outfield: unpack everyting, clean signal sets, count stores, send signals.

that the life of units signallers. siong leh. this oni unit own exercise. ATEC come laggi siong.

So if posted to Stagmont Camp(HQ Sig, SOS, 1st Sig Bat) or Gombak Camp(2 Sig Bat) 4 2 yrs, rest and releax liao. Oni siong thing, standby during major events in SG (Eg: IMF, National Day, etc.)

2 Sig Bn ... not relax one larr. everytime kenna arrow from HQ Signal to run support exercise.
2 Signal is at Stagmont btw ... and 1st signal in Gombak

Koelsch said:
-.- this is not tribal lar. hahaha i love radios!!! any more details?

Hahaha... this radio u cant rcv 933 or 987, but if u are able to get hold of those HF set u might be able to tune in to some ulu station some where out there .... there r diff language sometimes bahasa indo, jap.....

and this radio sets are not light if u r mounting in the landrover beta becareful nt to hurt ur back! and the 2m long anttena becareful with them moving off remember to tie them down unless u want to conduct lighting on a rainy day :sweat:

afbug said:
Infocomm2 should be basic signallers. Carry manpack (VHF/HF) set or rebro or landrover and line. You'll learn that the spaggetti D10 cables are very useful. :bsmilie: Its likely you'll be posted to a unit as a signaller. If lucky, you'll go to a brigade. Stagmont camp is chalet but you better pray hard the unit you posted to after graduating will be slack too.

For Div level, its trunk/sat comms. Should be infocomm1. Me Div Signaller. Going for overseas ICT this Nov. :confused:

Me just complete ICT yesterday!!!:bsmilie:

Koelsch said:
my vocation is infocomm2.

jdredd : thanks for letting me know more about my vocation.

i'm going out for a chalet already! see ya guys.

Ha when u ORD and still a Infocomm2 signaller during reservist u mite not be a signaller may ask to go 'chiong sua' ...... so when posted to unit try to upgrade to infocomm1 thats where when u reservist u will still be a 'seng nang ler'( if u in brigade or division)...signaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.