sigma


Status
Not open for further replies.

perror

New Member
Jul 28, 2004
76
0
0
A friend of mine bought the Sigma 12-24 for use with his D100. The front element is indeed vulnerable as it exposed...They do provide some sort of barrel that attaches to the lens which permits you to use filters and all that..but it causes light fall off at certain focal lengths. One way you can address this is via the use of a spot ND.

Overall it is a good alternative for the Canon wide angles...it's almost the same price as a 17-40 here..:) If you don't mind the vulnerability of the front element and also some flare issues, it's a worthy buy..:)
 

oeyvind

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2002
3,833
1
38
www.oeyvind.org
perror said:
A friend of mine bought the Sigma 12-24 for use with his D100. The front element is indeed vulnerable as it exposed...They do provide some sort of barrel that attaches to the lens which permits you to use filters and all that..but it causes light fall off at certain focal lengths. One way you can address this is via the use of a spot ND.
if you wanna use filter it's at the back as 16-35/17-40... use gelatin filter.

12-24 is pretty good wide open, tested on a 1D MK II recently.
 

kerpalz

Senior Member
Dec 18, 2003
2,147
1
38
TheDaysMovie.com
coz i`m kinda used to use a 12-24 nikkor len on my s2pro.... what do u mean by that the len's front element dangerous thingy? u mean cant attacj len hood to it?
 

andi1704

New Member
Oct 10, 2003
543
0
0
47
kerpalz said:
coz i`m kinda used to use a 12-24 nikkor len on my s2pro.... what do u mean by that the len's front element dangerous thingy? u mean cant attacj len hood to it?
its a build in hood, and because the lens shape is to big there's no way u can attach the hood, but it comes with the adapter to attach the filter in the front.

a bit soft at the corner, but it give's you WOW picture if you use film.

i use for 1 month and after that i change, im still love my 17-40
 

kerpalz

Senior Member
Dec 18, 2003
2,147
1
38
TheDaysMovie.com
most likely i will get a new 17-40 tomorrow....then maybe a 12-24 later.... then after a 24-70L..hehehe
 

andi1704

New Member
Oct 10, 2003
543
0
0
47
kerpalz said:
most likely i will get a new 17-40 tomorrow....then maybe a 12-24 later.... then after a 24-70L..hehehe
eh? i thought u use nikon mah?
 

kerpalz

Senior Member
Dec 18, 2003
2,147
1
38
TheDaysMovie.com
i used to use a s2pro.... now... just converted to a 10D...
 

Amfibius

Deregistered
Jan 26, 2004
508
0
0
49
Perth
Petteri Sulonen's 12-24 review can be found here.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.