Sigma v/s Nokon prime

lotus80

Apr 9, 2012
Pasir Ris
I am addicted to Nikon 35mm 1.8g and 50mm 1.8g, but I find it inconvenient to carry and switch lens.

Recently I came to know about Sigma 17-50 f2.8

Can fellows advice if sigma can match the Nikon experience and can replace my primes ?

Thank you

lotus80 said:
I am addicted to Nikon 35mm 1.8g and 50mm 1.8g, but I find it inconvenient to carry and switch lens.

Recently I came to know about Sigma 17-50 f2.8

Can fellows advice if sigma can match the Nikon experience and can replace my primes ?

Thank you

Hmm maybe you can take a look my recent create a website and showing my previous works..

Over there can find up the suitable distance of length for your right choice :)

http://vintagephotograph.weebly.com/

Hope my website can be help you something as what your shooting style..

Actually sigma had deliver a good IQ and lens body of built.

But the price has slightly higher than all.
For my previous tamron 17-50 VC also can produce a good photos and this one sigma maybe much better for you.
For the AF speed should be the same as SWM.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hmm maybe you can take a look my recent create a website and showing my previous works..

Over there can find up the suitable distance of length for your right choice :)

VintagePhotography - Home

Hope my website can be help you something as what your shooting style..

Actually sigma had deliver a good IQ and lens body of built.

But the price has slightly higher than all.
For my previous tamron 17-50 VC also can produce a good photos and this one sigma maybe much better for you.
For the AF speed should be the same as SWM.

Thanks

i got thsi sigma lens after google tones of information which should be a great sharp lens. However my copy have a cross mix front and black focusing isussing. sending it for service this friday. will give feed back after it service. he feel of the lens is good and AF is fast.

Thank you fellows, I think I should not buy this sigma.