Sigma Service centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Apr 4, 2004
In my own world
Hi,
Anyone have experience with sigma service centre?

Recently sent in my 2 weeks old flash for servicing and have been waiting for them to reply for 1 month. Probably my 2 weeks old flash will become a 2 months old flash for nothing...

Call them and they claimed that they can't find the fault. :cry:

Thinking for asking them to replace a new one to me? possible?

Dun wan to mention the shop where i bought the flash..apparently the after sales support is not that great..call them to check teh status of the flash and they ask me to call myself (sigma agent)

Think buying a 2nd hand item in CS buy&sell is probably better and reliable! Very disheartend!

PS : Anyone have the sigma agent email address? Thinking of writing up to them if there is no follow up from them. Thanks.

Rainman, actually wat happened to the flash? Why 1 month still cannot find the fault, so sad :(

In fact more than 1 month loh....

-Flash dun go off even offline mode (pressing test) for most of the times.

-Even if it goes off by pressing the test button the behaviour is very sluggish got to wait 8-10 secs for another test.

- if the 2nd pt mentioned works, hook up to hotshoe, yes communication with body no problem can zoom in and out, squeeze the trigger it flash but picture came out all dark.

Wat can I say? Flash "siao liao loh" :(

What disappoint me is not of the flash but on their service attitude...guess some1 in CS is right...singapore haven reach that customer service standard yet (buy things from them so courteous and when problems came..just heck care)

Well....I just have to wait for some good news.

rainman said:
-Even if it goes off by pressing the test button the behaviour is very sluggish got to wait 8-10 secs for another test.

This sounds like normal flash recycle time behaviour to me. Why don't you go down to the service centre with your camera and show them the faults on the spot? That way you will know whether its the flash or the camera body that has a problem.

Zerstorer said:
This sounds like normal flash recycle time behaviour to me. Why don't you go down to the service centre with your camera and show them the faults on the spot? That way you will know whether its the flash or the camera body that has a problem.

The sluggishness is not that normal cos sometimes even after 5 mins there is still no response on the flash. It happens intermittently (or should I say quite often?)

Flash tested on other cams and show the same behaviour as mentioned earlier on. I can go down to the service centre but I supposed the problem is quite obvious wat...offline also cannot leh.

I might email to them on the faults I noticed so far and also as a reminder to them that I need the flash! :)

Rainman, call Henry of APS (SIGMA Marketing) personally and found out what actually happened, cannot be 1 month still doing troubleshooting, very unfair to you.

Woodman said:
Rainman, call Henry of APS (SIGMA Marketing) personally and found out what actually happened, cannot be 1 month still doing troubleshooting, very unfair to you.

yah called already...Henry Tay right? :)

He is the one who said couldn't find the fault. Called him last tue and promise me to get back to me 1-2 days time. Hmm..well, I also never stress him after that, just want to give him a reminder that's all, perhaps by email.

Make some noise and demand to have it replaced !!!.
Cannot find fault is their problem, they should give you some time frame, if still cannot find than give you a new one loh otherwise your flash will be there forever and than after 1 year warrenty over and you will have to pay for servicing.

Dennis said:
Make some noise and demand to have it replaced !!!.
Cannot find fault is their problem, they should give you some time frame, if still cannot find than give you a new one loh otherwise your flash will be there forever and than after 1 year warrenty over and you will have to pay for servicing.

Yah....ready call them up again tmr...call the camera shop first.

By right they should be doing all these not me :(

Woodman said:

finally it had been serviced after 1 month......
well, still waiting for it to arrive at the camera shop....

Status
Not open for further replies.