Sigma or Tamron 18-200 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mambokiddy

Mar 29, 2005
Fellow CSers,

Anyone had tried the Sigma or Tamron 18 -200? Any feedback on the two? Did some research on the net ... have mixed reactions. Personally, drifting towards the Sigma. I know ... the Nikon lens would be better but budget lah.

Would appreciate any comments on the above 2 lenses.

Cheers!

Any feedback on the 28 -300 Tamron Di would be good as well :)

Try to do a serch..

I think the thread is more towards Tamron than Sigma.

But I will ask you to save up a little bit more and go for the 18-200 VRII Nikkor.

Tamron roughly 650-700. Nikkor is about 1250. But with SWM and VRII (Silent Wave Motor, Vibration Reduction)

The lens will be faster a lot and work in poorer lighting condition.

mambokiddy said:
Fellow CSers,

Anyone had tried the Sigma or Tamron 18 -200? Any feedback on the two? Did some research on the net ... have mixed reactions. Personally, drifting towards the Sigma. I know ... the Nikon lens would be better but budget lah.

Cheers!

Nikon will be the best bet. If you can save up a bit more and wait it will be worthwhile.
If you are only considering Tamron and Sigma I suggest you go to a shop that have both and test it out, you may not like the Sigma. In terms of picture quality they are equal. Tamron gives you 3 years local warrenty and IMO better build (slightly higher in price). In terms of mount I don't think Tamron's mount is completely plastic as what most say (do a check yourself). Sigma also have history of incompatibility from time to time. Ultimately it is how you feel with the lens that is important.

Nikkors :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

xtemujin said:
Does anyone know the price of the Sigma 18-200 DC lens at AP ?

TIA.
it's just a short phone call away

TIA xtemujin

Nikkors... Nikkors ... :thumbsup:

go for nikkors..no regrets and you wouldnt even think about looking back

I think AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro
Model A14
Is designed for exclusive use with digital SLR cameras using smaller-size image areas. It inherits the product concept of the existing AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di zoom lens

mambokiddy said:
Fellow CSers,

Cheers!

Sigma 18-200 the best!!! :thumbsup: check my gallery for sample pix

Yep so is the rest of all the 18-200 including Nikons.

DR THE said:
I think AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro
Model A14
Is designed for exclusive use with digital SLR cameras using smaller-size image areas. It inherits the product concept of the existing AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di zoom lens

lenzz said:
Sigma 18-200 the best!!!

Cant deny dat b4... :think:

But havin used e Sigma b4, n now my new Nikkor 18-200 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , I wud advise anybody out there who is lookin for diz range to save up n get e Nikkor instead. Dat little xtra dat u pay sure will worth e many differences e Nikkor has to offer (weight, super fast focusin, superb VR, feel n finally picture quality) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.