sigma new 17-70mm f/2.8 DC macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

chjing

Sep 11, 2006
anyone using this lens and has any comments and reviews?

anyone using this lens and has any comments and reviews?

hi chjing,

do a search and you will see discussion on the lens. or you can go to http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/lenses/sigma_1770_2845/index.htm

I hope you know that the 17-70 is not constant f2.8. From your postings, i realised that you are looking for f2.8 lens only, without preference of any range. Any reason? If you are not sure of the reason, then I suggest you shoot with what you have now, discover what you like to shoot and any limitation of your current lens, then upgrade according to what you need if necessary. no point to just whack any f2.8 lens and buy for the sake of buying.

U mean F2.8-4.5mm?

If compared to nikon AFS 18-70mm DX:

Sharpness on par, macro useful and works well, minimum focus distance almost front filter touching subject. Slow AF compared to AFS. Sigma has better CA control. Has more solid feel than nikkor. Color is warmer than nikkor. Not suitable for IR as got hotspot problem.

Regards.

wat is IR? and wat is hotspot problem?

Infra red images using IR filter such as the Hoya R72. Take a look and the IR section.

My advice to you, just use what you have now unitl you find the need to upgrade. And use the search function in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.