Sigma Lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeckson Chow

Mar 1, 2005
Currently in Singapore
Hello guys,

Can anybody tell me if Sigma lenses are 100% compatible with Nikon D70 Digital SLR? I have the kit lens. Intend to save up money to buy a good lense for my Nikon but don't know how much.

Any website that lists all sigma lenses and prices in Singapore Dollars?
Also, is it really necessary to buy a lense with Vibration Reduction Function? What is the effect of this function? Can anybody show?

Thanks.

ortega

Staff member
Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
VR Function, if you have money it's nice to have. The VR function will "help" to prevent camera shake. A monopod will also do that. A tripod will prevent camera shake.

Find a lens that you are interested in and call the shops to find out.
Or buy 2nd hand. (cheaper)

Aug 20, 2004
Serangoon Nth
Sigma has a technical support at Bkt Merah. I went there once and they seems to be able to even do up to lens re-alignment level kind of repair. Got plenty of brochures also.

Just in case you are thinking of shoosing the Nikon;s 12-24mm and the Sigma one. If you plan to use this lens for film or a full frame DSLR (when Nikon finally releases one) then you only can get the Sigma one. It is a DG lens meaning it is suited for both film and digital bodies.

The Nikon;s version is strictly catered for the 1.5x crop factor of Nikon's DSLR. They should might as well market it as a 18mm - 36mm lens.

DT:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom