Sigma lense, QC issue.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2004
332
0
0
#1
2days ago. i bought a sigma lense from best denki. (10-20mm)
but to my dismay. i found 3 small sratch at the front element of the lense itself. :eek:
it's about a size of a very small dust/spec.

should i return it back to Best Denki and ask for a replacement? need your advice here. :(
 

yyD70S

Senior Member
Dec 25, 2005
2,454
0
0
Singapore
#2
Please. Please return it and ask for a replacement. I think if you still have the receipt, the box, etc, they give a 1-to-1 exchange.

Am surprised though that Denki sells lenses and Sigma for that matter.
 

tjtan77

New Member
Jun 6, 2005
41
0
0
#5
ya they do sell such stuff at BEST denki,
but the staff there not really qualified to sell...
ask to see a 17-55mm 2.8
the guy refused and showed me the 18-55mm 3.5-5.6
tell me is better and FASTER.....
 

Horsba85

New Member
Nov 10, 2005
283
0
0
Singapore
#6
and FASTER.....

<--- to the above. that has got to be rubbish. i remember at some computer exhibition, one of the guys said ISO = image stabiliser on. so buyer beware. anyway, it's best to bring back the flawed product to change within 7 days.
 

gernie

New Member
Aug 20, 2004
233
0
0
#8
LOL. once hurt, twice shy....
 

Oct 28, 2004
332
0
0
#9
thanks folks...

i've called them earlier but the supervisor/person in charge of the camera dept is not around. and was told to call back tomorrow. optimistically they will replace the unit. :thumbsup:


best denki sells such specialized equipment??
actually they even sell 17-55mm f/2.8 lense, d2x and S3pro bodies..
 

Aug 16, 2005
3,157
0
0
Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
#10
spongebong said:
thanks folks...

i've called them earlier but the supervisor/person in charge of the camera dept is not around. and was told to call back tomorrow. optimistically they will replace the unit. :thumbsup:



actually they even sell 17-55mm f/2.8 lense, d2x and S3pro bodies..
yeah...but they sell those body to those people who buy the camera coz ppl tell them that its good.
 

laforge

New Member
Apr 7, 2005
425
0
0
Pasir Ris
laforge.clubsnap.org
#11
tjtan77 said:
ya they do sell such stuff at BEST denki,
but the staff there not really qualified to sell...
ask to see a 17-55mm 2.8
the guy refused and showed me the 18-55mm 3.5-5.6
tell me is better and FASTER.....
Lol....:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
 

Jul 31, 2005
768
0
0
Bt Batok
#12
ppl only get jacked there.

consider:
im a 75y/o millionaire.
i suddenly develop a fetish for photography.
im totally clueless but have a platinum card in my wallet.
i go to best denki.
[hey kid, bring me ur best gear]
(here u go sir. d2x@$8888, here's a list of must-have accessories: 17-35@$3421, 28-70@$3888, 70-200@$3999, 8xsb800@$888 each...all promotional prices!)
the perfect photo - priceless. there're some things money cant buy. for camera gear, there's mastercard
 

Aug 16, 2005
3,157
0
0
Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
#13
roti_prata said:
ppl only get jacked there.

consider:
im a 75y/o millionaire.
i suddenly develop a fetish for photography.
im totally clueless but have a platinum card in my wallet.
i go to best denki.
[hey kid, bring me ur best gear]
(here u go sir. d2x@$8888, here's a list of must-have accessories: 17-35@$3421, 28-70@$3888, 70-200@$3999, 8xsb800@$888 each...all promotional prices!)
the perfect photo - priceless. there're some things money cant buy. for camera gear, there's mastercard
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
 

Patryk

New Member
Mar 8, 2004
659
0
0
32
#14
Lol i ask him to pay me for photography lessons...heh..
 

Oct 28, 2004
332
0
0
#15
here's an update..

according to sigma singapore. they cannot provide a 1 to 1 exhange. :what: and they still need to order for the front element part to replace the current one. and it might take sometime. ;(

sigma your the best! wow! :bsmilie:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom