Sigma lens upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeppie99

Feb 26, 2002
community.webshots.com
According to Sigma USA website, some older models of Sigma lenses may require upgrading to be used with the newer Canon EOS cameras (EOS 30/33). Has anybody done this before or knows where to get it done in S'pore (eg. is there a Sigma centre here?)? The Sigma USA website provides this info on which lenses need upgrading.

http://www.sigma-photo.com/html/news/Elan7.htm

I have sent my Sigma APO 70-210 APO to upgrade last year at no charge at Sigma Marketing. I dunno now they still honour as it is quite some time already since they announce this free upgrade thing.

why not give it a try?

"In addition, a cleaning and check of all lens functions will also be provided at no cost to the lens’ owner."

hehe

i wonder if the 24/f2.8 that i am looking at will be affected or not...

tried the 24mm f/2.8 b4
cannot work with EOS30
mirror jam lock at all aperture other than f/2.8

tried the Sigma 400mm f5.6 macro. Cannot autofocus.

Originally posted by mylau
tried the Sigma 400mm f5.6 macro. Cannot autofocus.

400/5.6 shld be able to AF, the problem seems to be only the mirror lockup. which camera u tried it with?

HI All,

I have send my Sigma 24-70mm for rechipping for my Dynax 7 compatibility. Its now into the third week and they still have not have the item ready(they said its about 2 weeks). I'll update you guys when i receive the lens .

regards,
me

Originally posted by sulhan
HI All,

I have send my Sigma 24-70mm for rechipping for my Dynax 7 compatibility. Its now into the third week and they still have not have the item ready(they said its about 2 weeks). I'll update you guys when i receive the lens .

regards,
me

i'm into my 2nd week without my 400/5.6. Feel so lost without it. Haha....

Status
Not open for further replies.