Sigma Flash


Status
Not open for further replies.

teerex

New Member
Mar 10, 2003
4,883
0
0
Singapore
#1
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Sigma EF500 DG ST flash works on i-ttl with the D70 as claimed in the specs.

Link to The Specs

Appreciate any feeback. Thanks
 

swhyge

New Member
Apr 5, 2003
524
0
0
Jurong
Visit site
#4
Wonder how much it is. If 'cheap', around 200+, maybe can think of getting to work with my sb800 for some cls toying.
 

zod

New Member
Mar 30, 2003
1,279
0
0
#6
Witness said:
it should work ....anyone know the price..
canon's version cost ard $340 or so
 

swhyge

New Member
Apr 5, 2003
524
0
0
Jurong
Visit site
#8
Witness said:
for tt price which is more worth it,,,DG 500 or sb-600??
if is the Super version - it is good price but if it is ST - might as well get the sb600. (that assuming the super version is quite similar to sb800 - have not read the detail spec yet...)
 

Witness

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2004
6,943
0
36
33
www.maverickatwork.com
#9
good news...the 340 zod saw is the super one...

but review says tt it doesnt work on the d70....only st supports i-TTL..
 

quekky

Senior Member
Sep 13, 2003
1,400
0
0
www.irphotography.com
#10
Witness said:
good news...the 340 zod saw is the super one...

but review says tt it doesnt work on the d70....only st supports i-TTL..
the usa sigma website states both flash to support iTTL, u need to find the newer 1s that supports iTTL.

but i got some friends complaining that sigma flash gives inconsient results compared to canon's 550ex
 

teerex

New Member
Mar 10, 2003
4,883
0
0
Singapore
#11
I think there are some points to consider about the Sigma Flash.

1. Does it fully support i-ttl mode of the D70

2. Price as compared to the SB600. If it is around the same price as the SB600, then it would not justify buying the Sigma.

3. Color temperature of the flash tube. Some flash tube does not give 5,200K to 5,600K and tend to be a little yellowish.

4. Battery life. Read a review on the Sigma which says that it slurps up batteries.

These are my thoughts, there may be more points for consideration.
Of course, nothing beats the original for full compatibility.
 

Witness

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2004
6,943
0
36
33
www.maverickatwork.com
#12
true....dunno...the site does say tt both support i-TTL....but there is an asterix saying tt the super version will not work on the d70....wonder y??

anyway....the super version's price is ard tt of the sb-600....price wise....justifyable..
 

Dec 5, 2003
266
0
16
47
Woodland
#13
Witness said:
true....dunno...the site does say tt both support i-TTL....but there is an asterix saying tt the super version will not work on the d70....wonder y??

anyway....the super version's price is ard tt of the sb-600....price wise....justifyable..

tested the super version in from Nelson in the small shop in pennisula. The latest model. It works with the D70. even tried the remote flash and work well. Quoted me $380. Advantage, more powerful than SB600. Shared the same feature as SB800 but not as powerful. Can still use high speed sync with F90X! i think is the price is around $350 will be a good buy if you still need a FP flash for you film SLR...
 

teerex

New Member
Mar 10, 2003
4,883
0
0
Singapore
#15
wongwm70 said:
tested the super version in from Nelson in the small shop in pennisula. The latest model. It works with the D70. even tried the remote flash and work well. Quoted me $380. Advantage, more powerful than SB600. Shared the same feature as SB800 but not as powerful. Can still use high speed sync with F90X! i think is the price is around $350 will be a good buy if you still need a FP flash for you film SLR...
Wong - did you test the i-ttl also? How's the flash color balance and exposure. Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom