Sigma DG 1.4x vs. Kenko 1.4x Pro300 DGX Teleconverter

Cowseye

Mar 7, 2010
Singapore
www.ttlo-cowseye.com
Hi,

I was looking for a teleconverter to mount onto Sigma 150-500mm OS.

AF aside, any bro has any idea how these 2 teleconverter fare against each other?

Lots of shopkeeper emphasize that kenko loses out to sigma in terms of IQ. Please advise b4 I splurge extra on the Sigma teleconverter.

Thank you in advanced :)

There are compatibility issues between lenses and TCs so you will need to be sure the specific TC will work with your lens. And, you might also look ahead a bit if eventually you want to use this TC on other lenses.

It might be hard to find people who have experience with both Sigma and Kenko TCs here but you can try to dig around these posts in the other forums:
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=457299
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41922

Compatibility i have no worries. It's sigma with sigma afterall and kenko is well known to work and also works with any brand of lens... It's the IQ i'm more concern... is that extra $150~ from sigma over kenko makes any difference?

Compatibility i have no worries. It's sigma with sigma afterall and kenko is well known to work and also works with any brand of lens... It's the IQ i'm more concern... is that extra $150~ from sigma over kenko makes any difference?

It will be best for you to bring your lens down to the shop and try out both converters. I doubt there will be many users here (if any) who have experience in both. Lens speed and IQ degrade with converters so it will help to test it out on the spot and see it is acceptable for you.

From what I read last time when I was researching on teleconverters, they are mostly not recommended for non-fast lenses.

DO you know if there's any shop that sells both and willing to lend to try? Trying to avoid AP as they overquoted me for the sigma TC

DO you know if there's any shop that sells both and willing to lend to try? Trying to avoid AP as they overquoted me for the sigma TC

Try TK foto. They have the Kenko, but not sure about the sigma. Give them a call to confirm equipment availability first.