SIGMA 70-300mm Super Macro II Detailed Lens Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one clarification - your review done with a dSLR - so the crop factor of 1.5 results in cropping away the corners, so, corner sharpness would become less critical, right?

Another thing is that the 70-300 is equivalent to 105-450 so that the long end would become quite difficult to use already, at least for most people. At 450mm, you need a tripod/monopod or very bright sunlight to shoot properly.

Anyway, good work done, man.

The corner blurriness is still a factor for a DSLR. The ones you see in the test are done by a DSLR, so I suppose full frame it would be worse.

Great tests. Thanks for the effort and results.

I have a Sigma 70-300mm Super Macro APO but not Super II, I guess it's pretty much the same optically, only difference is that the Super II can do macro from 200mm to 300mm while mine only does that at 300mm end.

Well, thanks for the info though. It helps a lot, especially to a newbie like me ;)

marc, thanks for sharing... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
btw, is the lens Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DL Super Macro II?

hi marc, tks for the effort :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey, dont mention. I'm glad this test has served its intended purpose. I spend about 2 hours on this, but I guess its worth the effort if many people benefit from it.

Yes, It is the SIGMA 70-300mm f4-5.6 DL Super Macro II APO

scud said:
marc, thanks for sharing... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
btw, is the lens Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DL Super Macro II?

The one tested is the APO version. You listed the cheaper DL version which will give rise to purple fringing.

smallaperture said:
Another thing is that the 70-300 is equivalent to 105-450 so that the long end would become quite difficult to use already, at least for most people. At 450mm, you need a tripod/monopod or very bright sunlight to shoot properly.

or use external flash and fire at flash sync or faster speed. that was how I was using it when I had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.