Sigma 70-300mm DG macro lens problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All Csers,

I'm using sigma 70-300mm APO DG macro (canon mount) for only like 4 months..
I wonder if anyone had encounter the zoom ring to be loose and tend to extend to 300mm when at down position..

My friend had a similiar lens (nikon mount) and bought at the same time but his doesn't have the problem..

So i would like to find out does anyone else had encounter such problem..

Thanks

No wonder the lens comes wif zoom lock... So lousy meh?

Most zoom lenses other than those that zoom internally suffer some form of zoom creep. That's what the zoom lock is for isn't it?

if its under warranty, just send for servicing la. if it doesnt bother you to use zoom lock all the time, then just use it :)

mine's to early to tell, only had it for a few weeks. so far so gd.

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
if its under warranty, just send for servicing la. if it doesnt bother you to use zoom lock all the time, then just use it :)

Still under warranty and will be bringing to service..
The sigma lens (canon mount) doesn't have zoom lock..
:)

Wanted to get some feedbacks here..
Cheers..

speaking of problem, my pics seems to b out of focus when extended to 300mm. any1 with the same problem?

Ai yo, so many problems wif this lens? I ever thought of getting for my Pentax last time, but in the end didn't.

since you think there is a problem, then send to sigma service centre. :) it would eb better if u posted a few pics at 300mm for us to see

I got the 70-300mm APO DG macro (wonder if it is the same). No creep at all. Very good images results and for the price, totally worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.