Sigma 70-200 VS Nikon AFD 80-200

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandonb

Nov 28, 2004
Any review between these two ?

Nikkor AF-S 70-200VR f/2.8G :thumbsup:

AF speed: Sigma HSM faster than the AFD. HSM loses out slightly to AFS
Quality: AF-D wins here in terms of color and and sharpness. Sigma not that bad but you can tell the differences especially at wide open.

Price: Brand new Sigma is slightly cheaper but depreciates faster. AF-D holds at about 1.1k resale price.

brandonb said:
Good comment. This forum will be close down if everyone did what you said. ;p
all he wanted r the reviews, he nv ask for our comments.

TMC said:
AF speed: Sigma HSM faster than the AFD. HSM loses out slightly to AFS
the af sensor of the body oso helps focusing speed. on a more [noob] camera(d70s) i did notice a significant difference between afd and afs(of 70-200vr) a pro camera will be able to crank the afd faster.

the afd oso has better build thn the sigma i believe.

pbase have some sample pics from the lens,i always take a look there before buying a lens.

yup,70-200mm f2.8G is :thumbsup:

70-200 +tc1.7+crop
85910610_a2da45da55_o.jpg

sweet bokeh even at f5.6 and no purple fringing even in such hi contrast pics
85162759_9b3d77c9f5_o.jpg

roti_prata said:
the af sensor of the body oso helps focusing speed. on a more [noob] camera(d70s) i did notice a significant difference between afd and afs(of 70-200vr) a pro camera will be able to crank the afd faster.

the afd oso has better build thn the sigma i believe.
AF speed for the lens period goes like this AFS-->HSM-->AFD(slowest). The nikon build has always been solid for their top ranged lenses. Sigma itself is not bad, and can take punishment but their EX coating flakes easily. Definitely not for those who like to baby their equipment.

BTW I jumped from HSM to AFS. So speaking from experience here. Used them both on the D70.

roti_prata said:
70-200 +tc1.7+crop
85910610_a2da45da55_o.jpg

sweet bokeh even at f5.6 and no purple fringing even in such hi contrast pics
85162759_9b3d77c9f5_o.jpg

erm... nice pics. but can't see if these pretty pics are of much help to promote the 70-200VR la.

speaking of bokeh... a botch of white on the background from the flower.. wooo! excellent bokeh man!:bsmilie:

but the airplane is good though its wings are clipped.:thumbsup:

insists on Nikkors...
if u can afford it, go for 70-200VR
otherwise, AFD80-200.:thumbsup:

roti_prata said:
all he wanted r the reviews, he nv ask for our comments.

I don't find much different between review & comment ? Don't mind help me to find dictionary. Me got no len how to give comment...siao. If you has nothing to contribute, I will suggest don't post and skip to the next thread.

zaxh81 said:
pbase have some sample pics from the lens,i always take a look there before buying a lens.

yup,70-200mm f2.8G is :thumbsup:

Good Idea. Thank for the info.

TMC said:
I rather get the AFS80-200. Combination of Speed and Quality and Value.

Your comment always useful. Thank for sharing the info. Probably will proceed with getting the AFD soon. Hmm..is shopping time again !

brandonb said:
Your comment always useful. Thank for sharing the info. Probably will proceed with getting the AFD soon. Hmm..is shopping time again !
There is a couple of AF-Ds in the Buy and Sell. Might be worth taking a look.

Nikkor AF-S 70-200VR f/2.8G :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.