Sigma 70-200 Problem Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitewolf

Oct 3, 2008
Hi guys

After all those tips, suggestion, help and reviews from all out there, I have finally put it to Practice and believe me have also found out what the problem was.
Firstly, I just had to get out there to practice what was suggested by all of you, but....sadly it still did not work out well. Disappointing....yes:cry: it was after all those time taking down notes and putting it to practice. I was about to put down my equipment for further review of notes and tips from u guys when, I decided to look for some reasons to blame the equipment than to blame myself soooo, took off the CPL (Polarising Filter) and started to give it a good clean up of the lens.
Took a picture and WHAM...:bsmilie:all expectations of the lens good, sharp money well spent was once again true to it's review. Hence I decided to take a few more shots, without the Filter, and every shot was Sharp and Good...surprised indeed:think:
Well anyways, story is getting to long...sorry, I found out that the Polarizing Filter, SteinZeiser, was the Culprit, confirmed that by putting it on and off.
Hence here are the results that I have after using all the tips n suggestions needed for a good shot. Once again Thank You All....
DSC02135.jpg

More of Pics from the Sigma...
DSC02005.jpg

DSC02217.jpg

DSC01999.jpg

Need all C&C pls:sweat:....tanx again guys:bsmilie: cheers

Aiyoo. You never told us you were using a cheap, second-rate, chop-shop con job filter!!!

I guess your lens is still not sharp dude. Why not follow the instructions given in your earlier post and post some results without the filter.

PS: I see that you've shot these at the widest aperture and @ 200mm focal length. Go in manual mode and try to shoot at a shutter speed of 1/focal length as a minimum. At 200mm, a tiny little vibration can cause the image to be out of focus especially when you're using a thin DOF.

yeah the pic ain't sharp, my 18-250 is sharper. could be becuz of shake or mis focus?

look like u shot wide open did you?

Well anyways, story is getting to long...sorry, I found out that the Polarizing Filter, SteinZeiser, was the Culprit, confirmed that by putting it on and off.

Apart from the lousy crappy filter itself: when testing any equipment it's one of the basics to remove any additional gear to avoid side effects. No lens test ever was done using any filter in front.

Status
Not open for further replies.