Sigma 50mm f1.4 - new batch = outstanding performer

Recently I tried my copy on a FF body and I realized my copy exhibits back focus as I stopped down from f1.4 to f2, f2.8, f4.....to f16. I did the test on a lens focus chart with the camera on a tripod. Is this common or do I need to send the lens for calibration again? I think the focusing distance was probably about 1ft.

how many years warranty that sigma provided?

2 years... If register online within 2 weeks of purchase, will get another 1/2 year. Total 2 and 1/2 year.

nkt said:
2 years... If register online within 2 weeks of purchase, will get another 1/2 year. Total 2 and 1/2 year.

Thanks. :)
All my sigma lenses are Grey sets. So didn't know for sure.

Last edited:
Bodhisattva said:
Recently I tried my copy on a FF body and I realized my copy exhibits back focus as I stopped down from f1.4 to f2, f2.8, f4.....to f16. I did the test on a lens focus chart with the camera on a tripod. Is this common or do I need to send the lens for calibration again? I think the focusing distance was probably about 1ft.

Maybe instead of shooting charts, try shooting how you normally would and see if there's any problem. Who knows, you may have configured the test wrongly. :)

Maybe instead of shooting charts, try shooting how you normally would and see if there's any problem. Who knows, you may have configured the test wrongly. :)

I tried shooting normally and I don't see any back focus issues. Haha indeed I may have conducted the test wrongly.

This sigma lens just seems to perform better without any filters wide open.
The focusing is more accurate and the image quality is much better.
I am using a hoya hmc filter, could also be the filter is not that good, but still this Lena is just a class of it's own.
Definitely a performer. :)

any advise for this lens on a crop body?
any pics from it will be helpful too...
thanks

This lens has become one of my most indispensable lenses for me... simply unbelievably amazing!

wahseng said:
Bought this piece of glass earlier

Well done. Enjoy shooting with this len.

Wow bro, first time I see pictures taken at f25 with this lens. Did you convert to HDR? Some of the pics looks like HDR to me :)

Just a humble comment, I thought some of the pics have a little element of over-exposure. Nonetheless, it was a good effort.

Last edited:
wolfton said:
Wow bro, first time I see pictures taken at f25 with this lens. Did you convert to HDR? Some of the pics looks like HDR to me :)

Just a humble comment, I thought some of the pics have a little element of over-exposure. Nonetheless, it was a good effort.

No editing done. Not HDR.
Yeah i agree some are overexposed if u look thru at those shots

Bought this amazing lens almost two months from now, bokehlicious! I like how it look on my 60D! :D